You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Euroscope Runways Feature

Theodore Messinezis

Theodore Messinezis
Posted
Posted

Hello,

Is there any way to force Euroscope to re-read the runways file (.rwy) without having to restart Euroscope. Also, is there a way for a plugin to set the active runways and airports without having to edit this file prior to launching Euroscope?

I am building a plugin to determine active runways depending on the weather and pre-set conditions (such as tailwind component, visibility, preferred runways, etc.) and this is essential for such a plugin...

Thanks in advance

Theodore Messinezis ACCGR8

Software Director, Hellenic vACC

Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted

As far as I know, there is unfortunately no way to change the active runway with EuroScope's SDK. For reloading the .rwy, I think this file is loaded at the same time as the sector file, so you'd have to reload the sector file to reload it, but I don't think you can do that as well from within a plugin :s

Theodore Messinezis
Posted
Posted

I see. Thanks Pierre...

Maybe Gergely has a solution? Perhaps this could be something to be added in the future?

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted
Also, is there a way for a plugin to set the active runways and airports
The only thing I know is possible currently is to activate the airports according the currently owned sectors. If you do a proper setup with the arrival and departure airports for a sector and the corresponding option in the general settings is activated, automatic airport activation works quite nice. Here are the details: http://www.euroscope.hu/mediawiki/index.php?title=ESE_Files_Description#The_Sector_Subsection.

And [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming you are working with GNG, this is even easier to handle. Just enter the covered airports in the approriate fields of TWR and APP airspaces. If a APP is offline and CTR covers it, he will inherit the settings and the airport will be activated.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Theodore Messinezis
Posted
Posted
Also, is there a way for a plugin to set the active runways and airports
The only thing I know is possible currently is to activate the airports according the currently owned sectors. If you do a proper setup with the arrival and departure airports for a sector and the corresponding option in the general settings is activated, automatic airport activation works quite nice. Here are the details: http://www.euroscope.hu/mediawiki/index.php?title=ESE_Files_Description#The_Sector_Subsection.

And [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming you are working with GNG, this is even easier to handle. Just enter the covered airports in the approriate fields of TWR and APP airspaces. If a APP is offline and CTR covers it, he will inherit the settings and the airport will be activated.

Thanks for the reply. However, this is not really useful for the application that I'm building. Active airports is not really the issue, airport active runways is.