You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New Regional Website!

Syam Haque 1161585

Syam Haque 1161585
Posted
Posted

VATAME has updated the regional website and it is active immediately. Our website is at: LINK REDACTED

This new website is one of the first in any VATSIM region to encomp[Mod - Happy Thoughts] the entire region in detail, from the regional level down to the vACC level. All the information from each vACC and division website will be found in one place, in a clean new design. The new regional website will be the OFFICIAL page for each division and vACC. The website aims to include the ATC rosters, staff contact emails, events, news, policies/procedures, scenery, charts, and sector files for every single vACC in the region. We hope this new website will make it easy for current and prospective members to navigate the region and find what they need in one single place.

The public facing regional site is managed through our internal staff and member HQ system at http://hq.vatme.net

It will continue to be improved in the coming weeks with additional features.

VATSIM Middle East

Syam Haque - 1161585

Ismail El Moussati
Posted
Posted

Good job Syam, well done!

Ismail El Moussati
Northern Africa Division Founder l VATSIM Network Supervisor
Royal Air Maroc Virtual CEO
Virtual AirTraffic Simulation Network

0.png

Syam Haque 1161585
Posted
Posted

Thanks Ismail!

VATSIM Middle East

Syam Haque - 1161585

Thomas Mathieu 998318
Posted
Posted

Excellent work! You rock!

Best Regards,

Thomas Mathieu

VATAME1 Region Director

VATSIM Africa Middle East

http://www.vatame.net

[email protected]

TMSIGVATAME.png

Svilen Vassilev
Posted
Posted

Nice, clean, data-driven, and with all JS appropriately injected before the closing

C1/P2 | vaccbih.info

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Just curious...as a pilot and not a controller...the reason I typically go to ATC sites is to a) check for events and b) to look for charts relevant to the area I want to fly. Is this planned at some point...or already here I just can't find it?

Site does look amazing though. Simple, direct, and easy to understand...unless you have charts but they are hidden so well I could not find them.

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

Really nice website!

One thing I noticed (LINK REDACTED) are some events presented as upcoming even if they are in the past already.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Syam Haque 1161585
Posted
Posted
Nice, clean, data-driven, and with all JS appropriately injected before the closing

VATSIM Middle East

Syam Haque - 1161585

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted
The vACC and division staff are still working on adding their individual info in the system, so it may just take a little time.

Perfect, can't wait. Got some flights out of Africa and the Middle East in my future. I'll be watching for the individual vACC charts and scenery sections to become populated.

Thanks Syam.

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

• 7 months later...
Mike Sweeney
Posted
Posted

Appears that new links for the Region and Division(s) still need to be updated on VATSIM.net

https://www.vatsim.net/region/africa-middle-east

*VATSIM’s Africa & Middle East (VATAME) Region - still points to the old (inop) url

*South Africa Division (VATSAF) - inop url, discontinued Division

*Africa Division (VATAFR) - still points to the old (inop) url

Mike / 811317
rz0u.png

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted
Appears that new links for the Region and Division(s) still need to be updated on VATSIM.net

https://www.vatsim.net/region/africa-middle-east

*VATSIM’s Africa & Middle East (VATAME) Region - still points to the old (inop) url

*South Africa Division (VATSAF) - inop url, discontinued Division

*Africa Division (VATAFR) - still points to the old (inop) url

Thanks Mike,

If no-one tells us, we don't know. Hopefully Thomas will read this and let us know formally what the links should be.

Mark

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand