You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Squawkbox ATC Frequencies Not Listing

Aaron Kearney 900917

Aaron Kearney 900917
Posted
Posted

I've recently been having trouble with my Cisco router and have eliminated all VATSIM-related problems except one. I can successfully connect Squawkbox to SBRelay and VATSIM, but the online ATC frequencies don't list. Could this be a problem with ports not being open on the router? If so, can someone please suggest which ports to open? TIA for any help.

61.png

Richard Critz
Posted
Posted

No, it's not likely a port problem since you initiate the connection to a known TCP port and NAT is designed to work exactly that way. Have you checked to be sure you are a) visible on ServInfo, b) visible where you think you actually are and c) there is ATC online within range of your position?

Richard Critz

VP/Development (VATSIM26/VATGOV5)

VATSIM Board of Governors

VATSIM Network Team

Aaron Kearney 900917
Posted
Posted

To answer your questions...

a) Yes, I'm visible on ServInfo as well as the VATSIM Resources page.

b) I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this. I did file a flightplan, though, in Squawkbox, and it doesn't appear on ServInfo.

c) Yes, there's definitely ATC online when I'm trying to get Squawkbox to work.

61.png

Aaron Kearney 900917
Posted
Posted

OK, after a few more minutes ServInfo did end up picking up my flightplan from LAX to ONT. When it displays it, however, it comes up with me being 4927 miles from LAX and 4963 miles from ONT - when in FS I'm parked at a gate at LAX. Going by other threads I've read here, this indicates a problem with FSUIPC? If so, how do I fix it?

61.png

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Register Squawkbox with FSUIPC. In Flight Simulator go to modules, FSUIPC and then register the application.

Name = squawkbox

Key = LWVQ 7I2V 9GPB

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Aaron Kearney 900917
Posted
Posted

Problem solved

Thanks for the help, guys.

61.png