You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Airline callsigns

Jake Minihan

Jake Minihan
Posted
Posted

Hello all!

I'm having an issue with the callsign bit at the bottom of Euroscope;

nhNohAq.png

As you probably notice the callsign bit is empty. Now for an EZY this is easy (pun unintentional!) but for other more exotic aircraft it's a bit harder and I often find myself doing "XXX callsign only" quite a lot.

I use ES v3.2 and vSMR with VCA. I have deleted the ICAO_AIRLINES.txt in \datafiles and repaired ES to generate a new one but to no avail.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Training S2 from SERTS

Oliver Gruetzmann
Posted
Posted

Looks like ES doesn't load that file. Did you try OPEN SCT -> Load ICAO Airlines Data?

Jake Minihan
Posted
Posted

Yes I have and it still doesn't work

Training S2 from SERTS

Oliver Gruetzmann
Posted
Posted

Strange. Does it work without Plugin? The line looks like it's been created by the plugin. Try to select the aircraft by typing the callsign and ASEL, this should display EuroScope's own string (will have the extracted route, rather than the route string including airways).

Maybe vSMR or VCA need a setting for this as well.

Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted

As stated in the wiki, vSMR needs the ICAO_AIRLINES.txt file in the dll's directory.

Jake Minihan
Posted
Posted
As stated in the wiki, vSMR needs the ICAO_AIRLINES.txt file in the dll's directory.

It is and always has been :/

Training S2 from SERTS

Oliver Gruetzmann
Posted
Posted

Pierre, are you sure about the directory? I need to test this, but as far as I remember, I got files written to (and read from) the ES install directory (or the source code directory in case of debugging), no matter where the dll was sitting.

I never really tried to change this because I did it for testing only, so I might be wrong here.

Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted

vSMR doesn't write anything anywhere, and reads only from the plugin's dll directory, it would crash it if couldn't do so as it needs to read from the .json settings file

Oliver Gruetzmann
Posted
Posted
vSMR doesn't write anything anywhere, and reads only from the plugin's dll directory, it would crash it if couldn't do so as it needs to read from the .json settings file
You got me, I'll stop guessing