You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Headset Suggestions

Roger Curtiss

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted

OK-I accidentally tripped over my headset cable and tore one of the wires out. I have doubts that it can be repaired so it is time to select a new headset.

I looked at a few online but there is little to determine their suitability for ATC use so I thought I would solicit the opinions of those in the know.

What are the best options-versatility vs price?

Thanks,

Roger

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

VP-Virtual Airlines & Special Ops

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

for ATC i have the same ones real controllers often use, plantronics got it cheaper on ebay, new. Plantronics H31 headset. in order to use that though you need a DA40 adapter. overall think i paid $100'ish total on both the headset and adapter.

works great. downside, the tube picks up all the background noise, which the VATSIM voice codec does not like. my setup is right next to my window which the A/C unit is on the outside, picked up the noise from that every time so made it interesting lol

not usable for flying on the sim though thats for sure

just got a turtle beach recon not long ago, seems much better and doesnt seem to pick up a lot of background compared to the plantronics. im still not a fan of the big earmuff style headsets though

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

I am using one of those Plantronics GamingHeadsets. So far it has not let me down and Plantronics also seems to be quite accommodating if something breaks, even outside the period of warranty.

Johnny Coughlan
Posted
Posted

Razor Blackshark, worth every penny.

• 4 months later...
Vrishabh Sehgal
Posted
Posted

Kingston Hyper X Cloud or Cloud II.

Excellent Mic. Awesome headphones overall.

Got mine for $50.

Vrishabh Sehgal (1267677)

IaUfFeL.jpg