You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Joker.exe closing on its own

Billy Bowers 1257539

Billy Bowers 1257539
Posted
Posted

I use Joker PTT to work with the infamous Plantronics PTT, and for some reason when I'm using the software, it'll work fine for a few minutes, with the blue light in the taskbar lighting up, and my TX light lighting up in VRC. Eventually though, the software will stop working (I'll push my PTT and nothing happens) and I'll go down to the task bar to try to troubleshoot, only to have Joker disappear an close on me. I'll have to reopen it, only for the same thing to happen to me a few minutes later. I've tried running as admin, changing the program compatibility, and all sorts of other things. I can't seem to figure out why it closes on it's own after a few uses. Does anyone have any ideas or way to fix it? Could it have anything to do with mulitasking in several various programs?

Windows 7 64bit

I'd be happy to provide more information if needed.

-Billy

Camden Bruno
Posted
Posted

I've had similar issues in the past, Joker is a tricky software. I'd suggest re-installing and running as an administrator, as you already did. That always fixed my problems. The only thing I can think of is I remember having issues when I had the USB plugged into a port on my keyboard vs directly into the computer's ports. It was having trouble detecting the button in that situation and would then crash as a result. So if you don't have it plugged into your computer (i.e. are using a keyboard port, using a USB hub, etc) that may be the problem.

Hope this helps,

Cam B.
VATSIM Supervisor

Billy Bowers 1257539
Posted
Posted

I appreciate the reply. The USB is plugged directly into the computer, but I have other ports I can try. So far I'm just trying to figure out how to keep it running. I'll keep trying different things. Thanks for the input Camden.

-Billy