You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

PMDG 737NGX Black Panels???

Fredric Greenblott 1346549

Posted
Posted

I can't seem to find this issue anywhere on any forum even the PMDG support forums... I sent a ticket to PMDG and they haven't responded to me so I thought the next best thing would be to ask here.

Anyway, this problem just started today and I can't seem to figure out the problem. It's happened on 4 flights so far.

The first flight, I was flying AAL686 from KLAX to KSFO in the PMDG 737-800WL. It was supposed to be a routine flight, as I fly this route a lot. I was flying the VTU6 departure, and I just got my vector for the RZS transition from LA Center. All of a sudden, at around 17,000 feet, all my main instruments went black. Completely black. All my other electrics were working (panels, comms, FMC, backup instruments, autopilot, transponder, etc.), and I am CERTAIN that equipment cooling was on, If it wasn't all my instruments would have failed far before then. I didn't know where I was going, and my backup heading bug wasn't showing the RZS VOR even though I was tuned to it. The controller started to get a little ticked off 'cause I was way off course by that point, and I didn't know how to tell him about my problem. So I had to disconnect.

What could be happening?

(P.S., it happens right around transition altitude as experienced on all 4 of my [partial] flights in the 737NGX today.)

System Specs: Core i7-7700K OC'ed to 5.0GHz, 16GB Ballistix DDR4-2400 RAM, OC'ed NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 80GB HDD + 1TB External HDD

18.png

Trent Hopkinson
Posted
Posted
I didn't know where I was going, and my backup heading bug wasn't showing the RZS VOR even though I was tuned to it. The controller started to get a little ticked off 'cause I was way off course by that point, and I didn't know how to tell him about my problem. So I had to disconnect.

No idea about the tech problem, PMDG will usually reply inside 48 hours. Log into the ticket system again just to check its progress just incase your email is blocking the response as spam.

"Mayday Mayday mayday, [your callsign] has an instrumentation and electrics failure, request vector"

Maybe divert at some point somewhere nearby. If you can't set up/use the ILS, you may require a visual approach. Remember the standby instrument has an "APP" mode so raw data ILS might be possible handflying.

ISFD3.JPG

qfafin.png

Trent Hopkinson YMML. www.youtube.com/musicalaviator WorldFlight 2002,2008,2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015

Posted
Posted
I didn't know where I was going, and my backup heading bug wasn't showing the RZS VOR even though I was tuned to it. The controller started to get a little ticked off 'cause I was way off course by that point, and I didn't know how to tell him about my problem. So I had to disconnect.

No idea about the tech problem, PMDG will usually reply inside 48 hours. Log into the ticket system again just to check its progress just incase your email is blocking the response as spam.

"Mayday Mayday mayday, [your callsign] has an instrumentation and electrics failure, request vector"

Maybe divert at some point somewhere nearby. If you can't set up/use the ILS, you may require a visual approach. Remember the standby instrument has an "APP" mode so raw data ILS might be possible handflying.

ISFD3.JPG

Thanks. I knew the backup ADI had an approach mode but I didn't know it was capable of hand-flying an ILS approach. I can always hand fly the landing but still... I just need to wait for the PMDG support people to respond.

System Specs: Core i7-7700K OC'ed to 5.0GHz, 16GB Ballistix DDR4-2400 RAM, OC'ed NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 80GB HDD + 1TB External HDD

18.png

Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted

I do not have the OPS limits for the APU in my head (or the FCOM readly available), but is it at all possible that you forgot to close the no. 1 and 2 generator, and the APU was left on until it simply couldn't operate at the given density altitude? I know I've done plenty such mistakes throughout the years.

Also, if this keeps happening, go through the Failures-pages and ensure that no gremlins have been programming in delayed failures.