You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ZLC is inactive

Preston Jackson 1306384

Preston Jackson 1306384
Posted
Posted (edited)

I couldn't delete this, so I just deleted the text

Edited by Guest

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

Preston, this is not the place to make your request. Open a ticket on VATUSA's site.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

have you actually tried getting in contact with the ARTCC directly via email, or their forum? or basing your decision solely on traffic and ATC levels?

both of which you should check prior to selecting any area to control. ask questions first, less of a headache later

Christos Kokkinomagoulos 1
Posted
Posted

Preston,

I have replied to the e-mail you sent earlier today.

Thanks.

?id=vataward2,vatoic&vid=1223529

Mark Hubbert 1054583
Posted
Posted

Preston since ZLC-Salt Lake is part of the Western Region of VATUSA, I have looked into things. I have sent you an email.

Mark Hubbert

Division Director VATUSA

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Just because I hate to see my facilities potentially dragged into the mud, I'll add a little facts and data.... Mr. Jackson came to his conclusion and posted his thoughts less than 21 hours after joining the facility. The facility staff and USA Western Regional ATD have both reached out to him to identify the best path forward within hours of his email and forum post, where he posted his discontent here, for thousands and thousands of members worldwide to see.... There are always (at least) two sides to every story....

My thoughts for all, not just Mr. Jackson: This is a volunteer organization built around a hobby. We all have some combination of jobs, school, families, churches, other volunteer obligations, etc. that pull on our time. While everyone strives to be as responsive and awesome as we can be, sometimes some of our other obligations take precedence. There is a need to find that sweet-spot balance between patient and responsive -- lack of either attribute is a poison pill of failure, and finding the right mixture of being both patient and responsive is so important.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Preston Jackson 1306384
Posted
Posted

First, I think everyone here deserves an apology, but not just everyone in general, specifically to Mr. Desfosse. I apologize for all of the headache and confusion this has caused, I would just like to explain that I posted this as a result of my impatience. I look back on it now, and, when I posted this I don't think I really appreciated the amount of members not only on VATSIM but also on the VATUSA and VATNA networks. So, with that, I formally apologize, and I will try to be a little more patient. We all have big flaws, and that just happens to be one of mine.

I will be taking down this post in about 15 minutes just so that people can get a change to see my apology, I will also e-mail the staff whom have been so kind to me despite all of the trouble I stirred up here.

Sincerely,

Preston

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

If it's any consolation, I came to a similar conclusion after sticking it out for a couple hundred hours.

Best of luck to you in your training/controlling no matter where it is.

Preston Jackson 1306384
Posted
Posted

Thanks.. I just got lit up by the staff, and I feel bad, so that's why I apologized.