You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

PSX 10, Xview , and XSquawkBox no mode C on the ground

George Pabon

George Pabon
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone,

I've been using VATSIM for over a week and love it. It worked great with X-plane and the IXEG 737. I also tried vPilot with FSX and PMDG's 777 and it worked great. I decided to try PSX 10, Xview, X-plane 10.45, and XSquawkBox. Both origin and destination controllers couldn't see my transponder on the ground. Once I got airborne, the transponder worked fine for a flight until I cleared the runway. The destination controller asked me if I turned off the transponder, but I didn't. Any ideas on how to force the transponder to operate on the ground with this setup?

Thanks,

George

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted
Hi everyone,

I've been using VATSIM for over a week and love it. It worked great with X-plane and the IXEG 737. I also tried vPilot with FSX and PMDG's 777 and it worked great. I decided to try PSX 10, Xview, X-plane 10.45, and XSquawkBox. Both origin and destination controllers couldn't see my transponder on the ground. Once I got airborne, the transponder worked fine for a flight until I cleared the runway. The destination controller asked me if I turned off the transponder, but I didn't. Any ideas on how to force the transponder to operate on the ground with this setup?

Uh, please don't.

XView + XSB are known to not play nicely - The big problem is that XView byp[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es the aircraft model in XPlane and so practically no data makes it into XSB to report to the network. It results in all sorts of strangeness for the controllers.

Whilst I would like to work with the XView developer to fix it, I don't actually have the time right now to chase him up and try to work out how we can make it work. (I do have PSX so I do know what you're talking about).

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.

• 1 year later...
Roger Harris 851201
Posted
Posted

Hi guys. 18 months since the last post in this thread.

Has any progress been made on this? I was on the point of buying PSX when my researches showed up this problem. I want to use Xplane 11 as the visuals for PSX and fly that way on VATSIM. Any further developments?

Thanks,

Roger.