You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Question Regarding H31 Starset

David Epstein

David Epstein
Posted
Posted

I have been searching for a PTT for this headset and cannot come across a USB connection. I do not know too much about these headsets, so any help would be great! If you know of a better one and a PTT that goes well with it, please let me know!

Thank You!

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

Plantronics SSP1051-03 for the PTT, use the DA40 adapter for the USB connection

David Epstein
Posted
Posted

I will take a look now, thank you!

David Epstein
Posted
Posted

Well I have purchased those two and the mic, thank you! RIP to my credit card

Camden Bruno
Posted
Posted
RIP to my credit card

Lol! Too true. It's worth it though!

Enjoy,

Cam B.
VATSIM Supervisor

Andrew Morkunas
Posted
Posted

I would recommend the program joker.exe http://nyartcc.org/sectorfiles/Joker.zip. It allows you to map your PPT to virtual keystrokes so you can type on the keyboard and have the PPT pressed at the same time. I use this with a foot switch I do not have issues if I were to use the CTRL, SHIFT, ESC... keys as the PPT. I have used joker successfully with VRC, EuroScope and TeamSpeak.

Andrew Morkunas

spacer.png

Twitch: padre_andrew ATC Simulations

Camden Bruno
Posted
Posted
I would recommend the program joker.exe

JoyToKey also works and has some more functionality, if you're interested.

Cam B.
VATSIM Supervisor

David Epstein
Posted
Posted

Thank you Andrew and Camden, I will most certainly enjoy, I will also try out both programs and see which one I prefer better! Thanks for all the help!

Even Rognlien
Posted
Posted

How do you get the PTT working with ES/VRC using this setup? I don't think the DA40 has a built-in joystick micro-controller? :/ to me it looks like the PTT on the SSP1051-03 is just for muting/un muting the microphone, without a separate circuit for the PTT. In that case, you will need a software that emulates a key press based on sound detection, in order to simulate the PTT.

I would have bought the SHS2355 instead, which is USB sound and PTT in one adapter.. the PTT is detected as a joystick button and can be mapped to a keystroke using joker.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

i dont use the PTT, just what was recommended to me when i asked months ago. should work with the joy2key software mentioned above

David Epstein
Posted
Posted

Well bad news, it is recognized as a microphone and with that being said Joker and JoytoKey both are meant for joysticks. Any suggestions?

Even Rognlien
Posted
Posted

I think the only way you can use the button as PTT in your ATC client is to use a software that listens to the mic and emulates a keystroke while sound is detected (the button on your device is used for unmuting, right?). I don't know of any such software, and I don't think it will work so well either..

I suggest you return the DA40 and the PTT and order the SHS2355. The SHS2355 will appear as one joystick device and one sound device. I use this with the H51N headset and it works great

David Epstein
Posted
Posted
I think the only way you can use the button as PTT in your ATC client is to use a software that listens to the mic and emulates a keystroke while sound is detected (the button on your device is used for unmuting, right?). I don't know of any such software, and I don't think it will work so well either..

I suggest you return the DA40 and the PTT and order the SHS2355. The SHS2355 will appear as one joystick device and one sound device. I use this with the H51N headset and it works great

Thanks I will give that a try!

• 2 months later...
David Epstein
Posted
Posted

Just got the money from selling the other items on eBay, would this be what you are referring to? https://www.headsetsdirect.com/shs2355-01-push-to-talk-ptt-usb-adapter.html

Andrew Doubleday
Posted
Posted

If you want the PTT, that's the one to go with.

I run joker for the PTT, set as a ghost key so it doesn't interfere with the keyboard (F24 virtual key). They way I can type and talk simultaneously. Also use a foot petal in combo with the PTT. Set to the same virtual key so I can interchange between the two.

http://www.delcomproducts.com/productdetails.asp?PartNumber=703600-SM

Andrew James Doubleday | Twitch Stream: Ground_Point_Niner

University of North Dakota | FAA Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) GraduateGPN_Horizontal_-_Tertiary.thumb.png.9d7edc4d985ab7ed1dc60b92a5dfa85c.png

• 3 weeks later...
David Epstein
Posted
Posted

Well Andrew, if that's the case I am going to go ahead and go for that same set up. It sounds very convenient.

• 1 month later...
Camden Bruno
Posted
Posted
Also use a foot petal in combo with the PTT. Set to the same virtual key so I can interchange between the two.

http://www.delcomproducts.com/productdetails.asp?PartNumber=703600-SM

BUMP.

Just got this for Christmas and now have the same setup as AJ. Working great so far and love the ability to type with two hands while talking on frequency

Cam B.
VATSIM Supervisor