You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Sorry - Can't see other a/c again

Keith Batchelor 915249

Keith Batchelor 915249
Posted
Posted

Sorry about raising this again but it is really bugging me. I have looked at all the previous threads, FAQ etc. I have checked and rechecked the files I have loaded. I still can't see any other a/c in FS9 or FSNav. I can see myself and other a/c in ServInfo and I can also see other a/c in the SB TCAS.

I am running FS9, XP Home and I connect to the internet vis a modem on a dial up line. Apart from this everything else is OK. I can use voice to talk to ATC.

At some point in the recent past I have seen other a/c both in FS9 and FSNav, so why is doesn't work now is a mystery.

Any advice would really be appreciated.

Best regards

Keith Batchelor

"Life is a short dash between two dates on a tombstone"

Richard Critz
Posted
Posted

If you are seeing other aircraft in the SB TCAS but not in FS9 or FSNav, then you haven't joined the multiplayer session with FS9. You're running SBrelay and then having FS9 join the session it hosts, correct?

Richard Critz

VP/Development (VATSIM26/VATGOV5)

VATSIM Board of Governors

VATSIM Network Team

Keith Batchelor 915249
Posted
Posted

Richard,

I normally start FS9, start SBRelay and then join a multiplayer session in FS9 and then FSNav. Having done that I start SBHost.dll followed by SB. Once I have set up my flight plan, squawk stby etc I go online and connect SB. AVC normally starts automatically and I join a voice channel. Is this OK?

Best regards

Keith Batchelor

Marek Pola 843115
Posted
Posted

If you are not starting FSNav, and if you look in SBRelay after you have connected everything, you should have two sessions there, one is SquawkBox, the other is FS9. Does it look that way for you? As Richard says, from FS9 you must JOIN (very important) the SBRelay session.

Otherwise your connection sequence seems OK.

3500.png

Keith Batchelor 915249
Posted
Posted

I can see both sessions in SBRelay. If I start FSNav it also appears but with an '*' before my a/c ID.

Best regards

Keith Batchelor

Sanjin Okanovic 918475
Posted
Posted

i dont think this is right, but, did you set the max players and observers to players:10 observers:1 ? once again, this probably has nothin to do with it, but maybe its the solution

UAL176

Keith Batchelor 915249
Posted
Posted

I don't know! Where do I do this?

Best regards

Keith Batchelor

Sanjin Okanovic 918475
Posted
Posted

when you host the game, before opening SBHost and SB, on the host game window, it should say Pilots allowed and Observers allowed. Changed it to 10 players and 1 observer. Also make sure your game name is Squawkbox, and your Callsign is whatever it is you use.

UAL176

Keith Batchelor 915249
Posted
Posted

OK I have done that. But I am now confused? When setting up the multiplayer session do I HOST or JOIN? Any way I set the players to 10 and observer to one game out of 'Host' and joined a session etc but I still could not see any other a/c. But the were there in SB TCAS.

This has be something I have missed somewhere, but where?

Best regards

Keith Batchelor

Nick Partridge 811834
Posted
Posted

When you set the Multiplayer session you need to join the SBRelay session.

I only was open the players out to the max value, but thats just me.

HAve a look at this thread http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=365

They are discussing the same issue you may get some ideas from here

Regards

Nick Partridge

Regards

Nick Partridge 811834

VATSIM.net Membership Manager

Support Group 2

Sanjin Okanovic 918475
Posted
Posted

ok sorry i was talking about FS2002 , im not sure about FS9 and how that works. sorry

UAL176

Keith Batchelor 915249
Posted
Posted

Now I am really really confused. I read all thew stuff about port forwarding and I dont think it helped me. My modem was not listed and it does not have an internal firewall. It's just a cheap Awia Data/Fax. I did check in Sbrelay and I am listed as is SB. One thing I did note was an error message showed up in log at the bottom of the SBrelay srceen: "ERROR 0x80158510" and it had ocurred several times. I don't know if this helps.

Best regards

Keith Batchelor

Keith Batchelor 915249
Posted
Posted

I think the error message is related to FSNav. Unless I get FSNav to join a multiplayer seesion right after FS9 starts it wont start later. When I try nothing happens but that is when the error message appears, I think.

Best regards

Keith Batchelor

Keith Batchelor 915249
Posted
Posted

A happy new year to all my readers. I have tried all the suggestions but I still can't see the others. Current situation. I can set up sessions for FS, FSNav and SB. I can log onto a voice channel and talk to an ATC. The ATC can see me. I can see other a/c on the SB TCAS. I can only see myself in FSNav. I can also see myself on Servinfo. I am on dial-up with a modem with no forewall. I have disabled the XP firewall and stopped Zone alarm and Norton.

So everything going out from PC seems OK. So what's preventing me see the other a/c. I use FSautostart and I have tried several combinations to get FS started, all to no avail. So something has to be stopping some information getting back to me. From the other threads on this topic I am not the only one having this problem.

So who want's to my hero of 2005, please?

Best regards

Keith Batchelor

Keith Batchelor 915249
Posted
Posted

Well it looks like Santa heard my prayers. I can connect, hear voice and see other a/c

The only things I know I did were to start using the AVG Free Edition anti-virus s/w and I changed aircraft.

So thanks to everybody that has given me (and others) their help over the last couple of weeks.

However, as I dont know what I did - I could be back

A happy new year to all

Best regards

Keith Batchelor

Marek Pola 843115
Posted
Posted

Don't ever turn off your computer!

3500.png