You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Voice Server

Joe Mifsud 928114

Joe Mifsud 928114
Posted
Posted

Well, I set up my voice server, and in my ATIS I put a feedback link. But when I looked at my ATIS on SI, it had my voice server as www.zobartcc.org and the room as feedback. Anyone know why this happens?

Also, do you still need the $mypvtrw line in there?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Well, I set up my voice server, and in my ATIS I put a feedback link. But when I looked at my ATIS on SI, it had my voice server as www.zobartcc.org and the room as feedback. Anyone know why this happens?

What is the exact text of your ATIS?

Also, do you still need the $mypvtrw line in there?

Nope. This is covered here: http://www.metacraft.com/VRC/docs/doc.php?page=setting_your_atis

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Joe Mifsud 928114
Posted
Posted

When I'm controlling center I use this:

$radioname() $freq() Joe Mifsud C1

Got Feedback? www.zobartcc.org/feedback

And when controlling approach I just add an ATIS line in there.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

At first glance, this seems like a problem with the way the server propagates ATIS info, but I'll double check when I get home tonight and get back to you. For now, I suggest leave out the feedback link.

Joe Mifsud 928114
Posted
Posted

Ok, thanks Ross!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

There seems to be something going on with the data servers. I'm looking on ServInfo right now, and nobody has an ATIS at all, whether they are using VRC or ASRC. So, as of right now, I can't test what happens when you have a feedback URL in your ATIS. All I can tell for sure right now is that VRC is doing what it is supposed to. I verified this by putting a feedback URL in my ATIS, and watched the data flowing in and out of my network card. When an ATIS request came in, the voice URL was sent out along with the text of my ATIS, including the feedback URL, and each URL was labelled properly.