You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Sector Files for Chicago

Federico Handl

Federico Handl
Posted
Posted

Hi!

For the last few weeks I've been trying to get the sector files for the Chicago area. It seems like the only way to get them is via the forums, however I have to create an account to access the forums. I made an account about a week ago, but still haven't received admin approval. I was wondering if there was any other way of getting the sector files, or if anyone is willing to send them to me.

Thanks!

Federico

Federico Handl

VATéir Operations Director
VATéir Controller Plugin Developer

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

some time ago, several ARTCC's, ACC's, etc.. took their sector files out of public availability because there was at least one individual running around grabbing their files and trying to turn a profit off them. so pretty much most places now only offer the files to members only

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
so pretty much most places now only offer the files to members only

Of VATUSA's 22 ARTCCs, only 6 don't offer sector/alias/etc. files for download by the general public. I'd say 27% is far from "most" - enough so that it makes sense to confirm this is so for a particular ARTCC (e.g. as opposed to missing a link, website update in progress, etc.).

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

used to be more no i dont keep up with those policy changes

Rick Rump
Posted
Posted

Send an e-mail to their FE, Daryl Flora -- [email protected]

VATUSA Mid-west Region Manager | Former VATUSA Training Director | Former ZDC ATM/DATM/TA/WM

VATSIM Network Supervisor | Team 5