You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[ES v3.2 (r12)] Error opening files

Matthew Moy 1288933

Matthew Moy 1288933
Posted
Posted

Evening,

Since the new beta version of EuroScope, it is telling me it was impossible to create the file version.txt, download and create "ipaddr.txt" and a few other files such as AIRWAY, ICAO_Airlines ... What I've noticed is, EuroScope search for this files in the root of the software and not in the Docomeents -> EuroScope, so is there any way to fix these errors?

"failed to create file version.txt", "Failed to open server data file", "Failed to create server data file ..."

Thanks,

Matthew M.

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

The URLs for those files are saved in the prf file. So it depends what you setup there. Using any profile, you can set those URLs going to "open sct", then select the data file in the second last section of the dropdown and provide the location of the file asked for in the dialog.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Matthew Moy 1288933
Posted
Posted

The problem is, the path of theses files is not set in the profile and it was even before this beta and it worked great. But now with the new beta, it can find the files.

Yes I know I can select their location, but I first want to understand why it is doing this with the new beta.

Thanks,

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

Probably the report was just suppressed before. Or the default path in case no file is found doesn't correspond any longer with the location of your files.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor

Matthew Moy 1288933
Posted
Posted

So I fixed it, for everything except "version.txt" and "SectorFileProviderDescriptor", is there a solution?

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted
So I fixed it, for everything except "version.txt" and "SectorFileProviderDescriptor", is there a solution?
These files should be generated on startup of ES, I think. A likely explanation may be that your sector file data is in a folder which requires admin rights (like the ES program folder). If this is the case, I suggest you to move all data files to something like "My Docomeents\Euroscope".

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor

Oliver Gruetzmann
Posted
Posted

Since this happens in the Beta, it should go to the beta forum.