You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Aircraft Performance in Simulator

Michael Kuhne

Michael Kuhne
Posted
Posted

I observed that with the latest beta-version (EuroScopeBeta32a12) and the standard v3.2 the speeds (especially the final approach speeds) are very low, something I didn't seem to observe before:

- RJ1H: 86kts

- A318: 93kts

In order to overwrite the standard values coded in Euroscope I added a few lines in the scenario file to define the performance, but without any result.

Do these performance data have to be somewhere special in the scenario file? I tried it at the end and before the flightplans, no change.

Can I see the original values in ES somewhere?

• 1 month later...
Gray Taylor 1041931
Posted
Posted

Michael,

I too am confounded by this change in approach behavior in the new Beta. It is causing my airplanes to vacate via exits that they should not be able to make due to high speeds.

CAF838_CF_124_A_4720_9_FCC_AF62_EFF8_ED4_E.png

Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

Absolutelly agree! It would be perfect if we had REALISTIC speeds in the sim generally, but best would be if we could specify our own speed into ROUTE section like we can specify the altitude. So we could simulate that one B737 flies from FAF on final approach speed while another B737 keeps 160 until 4NM final and then reduces to final approach speed (aka different company procedures).

Pavel

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

There were some unrealistically slow aircraft in r10 as well but not as bad as you've noted there.

I believe they will respond to manually setting their speed though?

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

Martijn Rammeloo
Posted
Posted

@Michael: not always. Sometimes a two engine jet slows down to 150 kts during the approach phase, and there is no way to make it go faster. This behavior is inconsistent though...

Martijn