You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Add-on Aircraft Exterior Textures missing

Roger Curtiss

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted

OK...I did something stupid apparently. I was attempting to install some airport scenery and somehow I must have inadvertently moved a texture folder or some such thing because now my 3rd party aircraft are either appearing with exterior models with no textures or do not show up at all in spot views.

I am at a loss to figure out what folder I could have moved as I am not aware that there is any one folder that contains textures for mu8ltiple aircraft.

So- I am seeking advice on what I should possibly be looking for that might restore these lost textures and view models.

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

VP-Virtual Airlines & Special Ops

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

each aircraft has its own texture folder so highly doubt its that. what it could be though is for whatever reason they are failing to load or taking a looooong time to load, which can happen. try reducing the display sliders and see if it improves

Deon Mathews
Posted
Posted

Hi Roger,

2 Possible culprits could be that your Lightbloom is on and that somehow DX10 is enabled and should be disabled.

Hope it helps!?

Deon

Deon Mathews

VATSIM Marketing & Communications Team