You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Questions about vPilot

Tyler Sexton

Tyler Sexton
Posted
Posted

Wasnt sure if this needed to be in the vpilot subforum, since it is not a "support issue" problem i chose to put it here. I apologize if this is the incorrect area.

I have a few questions that I thought were one way, but I am getting different results so im [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming its user error

1.) I use mytraffic 6, and i thought i had seen somewhere that it stated vatsim clients would disable AI traffic (although good to have for the liveries for online player traffic). If it SHOULD be, any advice how to fix the issue would be appreciated.

2.) I also use AS16, though i have seen you can use this online, you just have to advise the ATC if you are using a different weather engine. In any case, i tried it out without AS16 as i saw somewhere that VATSIM clients produce their own weather so that ATC and pilots have a neutral weather engine.

3.) Just for clarification, if i am in uncontrolled airspace i am authorized to sim rate as fast as i want until i enter another controllers airspace, correct?

Thank you for any replies!

NCR418.png

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted
I use mytraffic 6, and i thought i had seen somewhere that it stated vatsim clients would disable AI traffic (although good to have for the liveries for online player traffic). If it SHOULD be, any advice how to fix the issue would be appreciated.

It's going to be in your FSX/P3D settings. You'll want to set any traffic there to 0%. vPilot will add traffic regardless of those settings.

I also use AS16, though i have seen you can use this online, you just have to advise the ATC if you are using a different weather engine. In any case, i tried it out without AS16 as i saw somewhere that VATSIM clients produce their own weather so that ATC and pilots have a neutral weather engine.

Honestly, I would find it a nuisance if I had pilots telling me their weather engine every time they checked in. Just fly with AS16 and you're fine. vPilot does not produce it's own weather. If it is ever an issue that you have such significantly different weather that you cannot accept a runway, let the controller know. I have never dealt with such a situation in over 1500 hours as a controller.

Just for clarification, if i am in uncontrolled airspace i am authorized to sim rate as fast as i want until i enter another controllers airspace, correct?

I forget if there is a published number on this, but technically yes, you can increase sim rate to an extent while flying in uncontrolled airspace. If you don't slow down well before their airspace, don't be surprised when you get a contactme a ways outside of it. If you plan to "sim rate as fast as [you] want," I would highly suggest disconnecting and reconnecting (making sure you are good with ATC, not a traffic conflict) when you resume a normal simulation speed. You don't know who you'll cause issues for speeding along at Mach 14 at cruise. And you'll draw plenty of attention from controllers.

TL;DR - Yes it's fine, but I suggest disconnecting if you plan on doing it.

Tyler Sexton
Posted
Posted

Thank you for the answers! very much appreciated. That answers all my questions

I should be seeing you soon hopefully, I was going to try and multi-task pilot and controller but the pilot aspect as been an adventure all on its own, so ive been trying to grasp it good enough before I start training at the miami artcc.

NCR418.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Remember that you are only authorized one connection (ATIS being an exception), so you cannot be online with VATSIM as both a pilot and controller at the same time.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Tyler Sexton
Posted
Posted

I meant multi-task as in do the cert and exams for P ratings and do the cert and exams for the C rating; not controlling and piloting at the same time lol

NCR418.png