You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Feature requests for assignet heading/speed... fields

Pavel Brodsky

Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

Hello,

just bringing a small feature request:

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned heading/speed field: could we have option to set either by 10 or by 5 kt/deg? Like having left click = open popup list with every 10 knots/degrees, right click = open popup list with every 5 knots/degrees...

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned speed - could we have option to set "or greater" and "or less" somehow? maybe another field, or scrol wheel click, something. In real-life very very often used!

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned heading - could we add "PH" for present heading into the popup list? Should be pretty easy I guess.. And maybe the same for speed, "PS" is used for present speed

Pavel

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted
[Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned heading/speed field: could we have option to set either by 10 or by 5 kt/deg?
Already possible if you use the drag-and-drop functionality of the new heading item. Just set the resolution/precision (10/5/1 degrees) you like in the general settings. I think the list itself however is not changing as it would become very long using every 5 oder even every 1 degree.

Special speeds is already a topic I picked here: viewtopic.php?f=71&t=71918. Probably you can just add your wishes there, so every request for new speed options is together in one thread.

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned heading - could we add "PH" for present heading into the popup list? Should be pretty easy I guess.. And maybe the same for speed, "PS" is used for present speed
Nice idea as well. Probably the value for the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned value should then not be saved as PS/PH, but as the heading or speed calculated at the time the button is hit, so a numerical value. However this might be difficult to determine due to wind and density influence and you can't really check if the pilot maintains this heading or speed. This is similar, but not entirely, the same what I proposed with the minimum clean speed. In comparison, there you can expect a certain range of the speed.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS