You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Feature request: optional circle on aircraft

Pavel Brodsky

Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

Hello,

one more feature request from my real Eurocat experience. Real system has a nice feature of putting an aircraft into colour circle as a reminder. It has two types of circle: yellow which is local (only for you), and red which is global (every other ATC can see it). You can use it for whatever you want. Typical usage is putting a yellow ring on airplane which had a request and you told him to stand by, or is flying some non-standard route, procedure, etc - for example requesting non-ILS approach, requesting descent, is avoiding weather, etc. The red ring is used mostly for emergency - when the pilot does NOT set squawk 7700 (which highlights the radar symbol in red automatically) you can put the red ring on it so that every other ATC knows something is wrong with this aircraft.

In real systems the circles are toggled by keyboard (I believe O button for yellow ring and I for red ring).

I think it should be quite easy to implement into Euroscope and would bring a lot of use, especially the yellow one, which in real life is used about milion times a day

Attaching my photoshop image how it should look.

Pavel

14355523_1109534705800909_8391032854347702987_n.png

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ