You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Any ATC Software out their for Mac?

Jeremy Wenner 1366735

Jeremy Wenner 1366735
Posted
Posted

Hello!

I'm fairly new to VATSIM and have done a couple of flights here and there and I wanted to get more involved and I want to become a controller. But before I even get into training and everything else, is their an ATC Program that is compatible with Mac that I would be able to use on VATSIM?

Let Me Know! Thanks!

Jeremy Wenner

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

There is not, but myself and others have gotten VRC to work on a Mac.

Look here.

Alex Seeberger
Posted
Posted

As Josh said, you can get the software to work on a Mac. I tried Crossover, which worked OK with a few issues. Using bootcamp with Windows 10 works perfectly with both VRC and vERAM for me.

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted

I occasionally use Parallels and EuroScope works fine with it.

Only real issue is a lack of a middle mouse button.

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand

Ryan Savara 1369362
Posted
Posted
There is not, but myself and others have gotten VRC to work on a Mac.

Look here.

Works quite well, the only issue is that Mac's do not have a "C" drive, which is where most applications install. Luckily most applications (like VRC) allow you to change the install location. I have mine set to a folder inside my Docomeents folder.

Only noticeable things are sometimes the menus glitch out (also seen on Linux; where they either don't show up or are just grey boxes. However going through the menu reveals the settings), and if using a Macbook, scrolling isn't nice on the trackpad (keyboard shortcuts are great though), and it would be beneficial to set up the right click on the trackpad, instead of control+Lclick

Senior Student (S3)

Chicago ARTCC Events Coordinator