You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

In the search for possible transfer information.

Christian Sager

Christian Sager
Posted
Posted

Greetings guys.

I have come to a point in my Vatsim 'career' which might take me to a transfer from my VACC and possibly also my region.

So instead of writing a long post about all sorts of things, I will just do a short presentation of myself and what I have previously done on the network.

I'm 32 years of age, coming from Norway where I started my Vatsim career. I do hold a Senior Controller rating on the network.

I work for a football team in the second league here, and we are now fighting for promotion to the top league. So work has been really busy lately there.

I have been around aircraft's since I was about six years old, when my father took me to work with him at the airport.

So I have been crawling in the luggage compartments of old 737s and Fokker 50s for some time.

This is probably where my love for aviation has its roots.

I'm also a hobby photographer and really enjoy exploring new possibilities and techniques .

When it comes to my Vatsim 'career' It started quite a while back. In 2004 I think it was.

Since than I have gained a humble amount of hours, both as a Staff member, Training mentor, Instructor and Supervisor.

In Vatsim Scandinavia I held the following staff positions.

* Chief of training department

* Chief of AOR Norway (Vatsim Scandinavia consisted of three countries back then. So one AOR chief for each country.)

* Helped out with membership items.

* Wrote and created sector files.

* Was elected Chief of Vatsim Scandinavia.

After having worked a while as staff, I resigned from my staff duties and moved over to the Caribbean division to help out there for a little bit.

After having helped out there, I returned to Europe and eventually ended up working towards reviving a dead VACC.

Unfortunately, things happened with real life and pressure from other holds within the network. Which forced me out of the VACC in all.

Now I reside in Vatsim Germany, in the Düsseldorf regional group. Where I have only been a member. Without any staff duties.

Ok, so now that was a little bit about myself and my experiences on the network.

If you want to check how many hours or stuff I have on the network, feel free to have a look in the Vatsim statistics center.

Now let's go to the reason I am writing this post.

I have long been considering that I would like new impulses and find new challenges.

I feel like I want to give more back to the network again, now when time will allow a little bit more time in front of the computer.

I feel my time in the German VACC is coming to an end, and I have been considering new options.

Canada is one of the options I am considering.

And since the Vatsim Canada pages are undergoing maintenance, I thought I should have a look in the forum and maybe drop a few words here.

I would like to have a chat with some staff maybe, about how chances are for a possible transfer.

The process I know, but I'm thinking in the longer run.

If there would be any way I could be of any [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance in any FIRs etc.

I'm not saying that I want to do a transfer and try to take a staff position here. Because that would be rude and stupid.

But If there are ways that I could offer my time to help out, I would be happy to do so.

So I'm interested in getting in touch with some of the staff to maybe have a chat at some point.

Ok, now this post was much longer than intended. But I hope I made my intentions clear.

And I hope that a conversation would be possible.

Best Regards

Christian Sager

Mehdi Naguib
Posted
Posted

hi Christian - you may want to try North Africa? huge region, dynamic staff, so much to do and build from scratch ...

Mehdi NAGUIB (1350202)

http://www.royalairmarocvirtual.com

0.png

Mark Smith 1119598
Posted
Posted

Christian, as requested, Vatcan will be in touch with you.

Mark Smith

Vatsim Supervisor