You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Feature request: sim initial CFL and initial controller

Pavel Brodsky

Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

Hello,

could we get initial CFL and initial controller parameters for scenario file which we could define for each airplane? Now when aircraft appears I have always to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume him manually (I am pseudopiloting from LKAA_CTR and I would like all arrivals to be [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umed by this position by default so that I can just manually initiate handoff to trainee at LKPR_APP) and set the CFL manually (however I can pre-define to which level it will automatically descend I still have to click the CFL to avoid CLAM warning).

Also it would be great if we could have aircraft taking off automatically after a pre-defined time. Now I can either define new aircraft on runway (in this case I have to take off him manually), or I can define it ca. 1000ft above runway at my selected time (it looks almost like automatic take off) -> but it is quite surprising for the controller because he did not have that plane in departure list before and it just appeared airborne.

It would be VERY useful

Regards,

Pavel

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

I agree. I tend to have sessions with an unrealistic imbalance between arrivals and departures because all the time is taken up driving the arrivals - it's very difficult to find time to drive departures to the runway and get them to take off.

Furthermore, it seems that aircraft that enter the scenario on the ground (ie have a START parameter other than zero) and have a heading that points them towards a runway and at least two waypoints in their ROUTE will taxi on that heading to intercept the nearest runway and take off without any pseudo pilot input! This feature would be useful if the blip driver could control the timing of it somehow.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK