You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Reasonable Frame Rate Setting?

Aharon Dayan

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Made first flight on FSX in my new laptop flying from EBBR to EGPH and so far, everything went smooth!!

Interesting fact is that in my old laptop, FSX averaged between 10 and 15 fps. In my new laptop, FSX averages between 25 and 32 fps. Makes me wonder if I can extend the fps setting from 32 to 40 or 50 for laptop????

What is reasonable fps setting for FSX for laptop and for use of payware airport sceneries as I have about 50 and for flying on Vatsim? No payware add on aircrafts as I avoid them

2 more weeks or so for me to return to Vatsim action where I had logged thousands of hours of Vatim flights and participated in thousands of Vatsim events!!

Thanks,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Sachin Gnath
Posted
Posted

IMO, you can lock at 40 FPS that should be fine.

Regards, 

S G

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

whats reasonable to one person isnt to another. its very subjective. if it looks smooth to you, no reason why you need to change a thing. if it doesnt look good to you, then do the upgrades/changes thatll get you that.

do not chase the frame counter though, unless you have very deep pockets, in which case youll make the hardware companies very happy people

in the end, it really comes down to you, our eyes are not cameras, we see in fluid motion, not frame rates. all the frame rate counters do is give our brain an idea of whats being displayed. i personally was using FS9 for years at 15 - 20 and it looked just fined to me