You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot randomly disconnecting

Hubert Gaszewski 1368872

Hubert Gaszewski 1368872
Posted
Posted

Hi, I have an issue with vPilot, where when im connected to vatsim via vPilot, it will randomly (usually every 10-30 minutes) kick me displaying this message:

Network error: EndReceive failed: (10054) An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Disconnected from network.

I have tried everything, from restarting my pc, closing vPilot, setting realtime priority in Task Manager, to trying different servers and nothing fixes it.

If anyone knowx how to fix this, please, please share your knowledge with me

Regards, Hubert

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

you might have connection issues. pocket loss or something else

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

That error indicates a loss of internet connection. Most people are able to solve that by rebooting their router. Occasionally some have had to have their router replaced.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Hubert Gaszewski 1368872
Posted
Posted

Hmm, tried rebooting my router and didn't help...

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

What if you connect to a different server.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Hubert Gaszewski 1368872
Posted
Posted

I tried connecting to all the different servers but nothing helped.

Ira Robinson
Posted
Posted

I have this same issue and have also tried the fixes mentioned. It sure is frustrating to be flying for 4 hours only to find out the network kicked you during hour 2!

Ira Robinson

Hubert Gaszewski 1368872
Posted
Posted

I think I might have fixed it, I did two 3 hour flights and it didn't disconnect once...

What I did is; I read up online about pocket loss and it basically it said to allow software (in this case vPilot) maximum network allowance. So to possibly fix it, you have to close all programs that take up Internet which you don't use like uTorrent, steam, etc. You need to set your vPilot priority to 'realtime' and make sure no other programmes are have 'real-time' priority set - I had ezDok in real time priority mode so I changed it to high. Also I disabled my anti virus software (AVG), and you could disable your firewall if it still doesn't work.

Hope this helped, it worked for me

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

VATSIM pilot clients use such little bandwidth that it seems crazy that you would have to tweak network priority in order to not have dropped connections ... makes me wonder if it was just coincidental that the problem went away after you made that change.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ira Robinson
Posted
Posted

So does the error message tell you anything Ross? I'm sure if it did you would have said so already.

Ira Robinson

Hubert Gaszewski 1368872
Posted
Posted
VATSIM pilot clients use such little bandwidth that it seems crazy that you would have to tweak network priority in order to not have dropped connections ... makes me wonder if it was just coincidental that the problem went away after you made that change.

Yeah, it very well might have been coincidental. I'm not sure what the cause could be then, I'll post on here if it comes back.