You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

'Recent aircraft' Blank field

Erwin Boer 1348669

Erwin Boer 1348669
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

I'm new with VATSIM and I've finally accomplished to get Vpilot to work and almost being able to connect.

Now one last tiny thing is blocking me for getting connected, which is a blank field when I want to select my recent aircraft. I've googled for hours and didn't found any answer to my question so hopefully one of you guys can help me with it. I have p3d opened in windowed mode and I am using a PMDG product when trying to connect.

Hopefully is someone able to help me.

Cheers

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

That list shows recent aircraft configurations (callsign, type code, selcal code) that you've flown. If you haven't used vPilot yet, the list will be empty. Just leave it empty and fill in the other fields.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted

Hi Erwin,

If you haven't connected with it before you won't have any listed. You can manually input an aircraft type into the box (e.g. B738 or B77L). Once you've connected with an aircraft type it will be there in the drop box for your next session.

Be sure to use proper type codes to enable model matching correctly on Vatsim. There are several threads here that have mentioned where those are.

Mr.

VATSIM P2

Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted
That list shows recent aircraft configurations (callsign, type code, selcal code) that you've flown. If you haven't used vPilot yet, the list will be empty. Just leave it empty and fill in the other fields.

Beat me by ONE minute Ross!!

Mr.

VATSIM P2

Erwin Boer 1348669
Posted
Posted

First I wasn't able to press the connect button even when I filled everything in accept my recent aircraft. After restarting my PC I can finally connect.

Thanks for the quick response anyways

Cheers!

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted
First I wasn't able to press the connect button even when I filled everything in accept my recent aircraft. After restarting my PC I can finally connect. !

Hey Erwin, welcome to VATSIM! Make sure in addition to filling out your callsign and aircraft type (and optionally SELCAL Code), that you have your simulator loaded (must be parked at a gate/ramp). If you don't, you won't be able to connect.