You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Microsoft FSX freezes

Miklos Cserny

Miklos Cserny
Posted
Posted

Hello Everyone,

I am an avid FS9 user, but I have purchased the FSX about 18 months ago. My problem is, I have a few add ons like MD11, B744 (PMDG) and love to fly them. However, especially with the MD11 after a few hours into the flight eg. today 3.5 hours from KBOS to EINN, the simulator freezes. The symptoms are, the graphics turn a grey colour, the lat/long does not advance and the "egg timer" is constantly showing. If I leave the system running, the graphics returns to normal, but the sim is just standing still as if it was in a pause mode. Other indications are messages "simulator not responding", ACARS "not responding". When I click on the screen with the mouse, the screen goes into the grey mode again. Eventually the sim will turn off. This problem exists with all add ons as well like FS2Crew, Flight Sim CommanderX.

I would be greatful, if someone could help me. BTW, I have reinstalled the simulator numerous times to overcome this problem.

Thank you in anticipation.

Miklos Cserny

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Need to know the Windows error messages/codes from the Event Viewer. Once you get it/those, you could do a forum search for it/those.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations