You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Saving clearance boxes

Thimo Koolen

Thimo Koolen
Posted
Posted

One of the first things I noticed when I started controlling: the clearance boxes are not saved. By that, I mean if a DEL is online and GND comes up, GND does not see the checked clearance boxes and DEL has to recheck them all. Is there a chance of this being fixed? It's not a major problem when another controller comes online, but if for example only DEL is online and they're switching shifts, the new DEL does not know who're checked already.

spacer.png

ACCNL4 (Training Director) - Dutch VACC

Andrew Ogden
Posted
Posted

I don't honestly know if this would be possible. As far as I know, the scratchpad, programmed SID and STARS and all of the clearance, push, taxi, and departure checkboxes (pretty much the entire aircraft tag) are stored client side and logging off would cause them to reset. The next controller would have to recheck the boxes. If you use the scratchpad at all, you will notice it, when i place SIDS and STARS into the scratchpad, or i program them into the aircraft's tag, if i log off, then log back in, then it will all reset, and you will have to start from scratch.

I don't know if there would be a way to store this data for a period of time? It would be extremely helpful.

EDIT: Just had a think about it, the scratchpad should stay the same in cases of coordination, and temp altitudes as well, but as for the rest, it resets.

Andrew Ogden
Gander Oceanic OCA Chief
Vancouver FIR Senior Instructor

Visit us: https://ganderoceanic.ca

CZQO LogoCZVR Logo

Thimo Koolen
Posted
Posted

SIDs and STARs are not [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned in the scratchpad, but in an other setting. In our FIR, SIDs are automatically [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned depending on the exit point and runway, STARs are also automatically [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned. If we do a runway change for a specific flight, it's saved in the flightplan, so all other controllers will see that.

spacer.png

ACCNL4 (Training Director) - Dutch VACC

Andrew Ogden
Posted
Posted

In NZ we [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign the SIDS/STARS via the normal way (eg. via the Sector Inbound list and the Departure list) but we use the scratchpad as an easy way to tell other controllers what the SID or STAR they are flying is (we have 6 CTR areas so it makes sense). Most things we would do to the tag we put in the scratchpad for easy reading.

Andrew Ogden
Gander Oceanic OCA Chief
Vancouver FIR Senior Instructor

Visit us: https://ganderoceanic.ca

CZQO LogoCZVR Logo