You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Dual Frequency Box for Vpilot.

Behroz Baloch

Behroz Baloch
Posted
Posted

Hello VATSIM,

Is there any development in Vpilot regarding tuning in two frequencies. Usually that is required to request entry clearance from the next FIR while being tuned to the present FIR ATC.

Regards,

Behroz Baloch

Behroz Baloch

ACCSA1 – Director

VATSIM Saudi Arabia

[email protected]

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Its already possible.

If you aircraft supports 2x comms channels then turn them on. If not in vPilot type .com both

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted
from the next FIR while being tuned to the present FIR ATC.

I don't know when you'd need to be tuned into both frequencies at once in this case. I'm thinking that you're referring to requesting oceanic clearance. When that happens, you completely make the switch over and are not required to be on the domestic frequency while obtaining it.

Behroz Baloch
Posted
Posted
Its already possible.

If you aircraft supports 2x comms channels then turn them on. If not in vPilot type .com both

Thank you Mr. Norman. Will check.

Behroz Baloch

ACCSA1 – Director

VATSIM Saudi Arabia

[email protected]

Behroz Baloch
Posted
Posted
from the next FIR while being tuned to the present FIR ATC.

I don't know when you'd need to be tuned into both frequencies at once in this case. I'm thinking that you're referring to requesting oceanic clearance. When that happens, you completely make the switch over and are not required to be on the domestic frequency while obtaining it.

Hello Josh,

That is required to take entry and Air defence clearance before entering few FIRs as stated in their AIPs. You need to take the clearance while maintaining listen watch of the tuned ATC.

Behroz Baloch

ACCSA1 – Director

VATSIM Saudi Arabia

[email protected]

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

Interesting, never knew that.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Can also be used for listening to ATIS while still on the active ATC frequency.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Jonathan Fong
Posted
Posted

That is required to take entry and Air defence clearance before entering few FIRs as stated in their AIPs. You need to take the clearance while maintaining listen watch of the tuned ATC.

Thing is, those procedures were designed for aircraft with two (or more) pilots. From what I know, those procedures intend for one pilot to stay on the original domestic frequency while the other tunes to the new frequency. Since there is (usually) only have one pilot flying the aircraft on VATSIM, usually the controller just transfers the pilot over to the clearance frequency without any requirement to monitor.

David Zhong
Posted
Posted

Actually these procedures were put in place as a necessity where the two ATS units don't have a phone line

David Zhong

Andrew Doubleday
Posted
Posted

Lots of reasons to use two frequencies at once... Would be nice if the volume could be adjusted independently, however.

Andrew James Doubleday | Twitch Stream: Ground_Point_Niner

University of North Dakota | FAA Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) GraduateGPN_Horizontal_-_Tertiary.thumb.png.9d7edc4d985ab7ed1dc60b92a5dfa85c.png