You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot doens't match any aircraft (P3D v3.4)

Stefan Blauw

Stefan Blauw
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

Yesterday I upgraded to P3D v3.4. No matter what version of vPilot I use (1.1 or 2.0), the only aircraft that get's displayed is the default CRJ. I tried multiple AI packages (for example Sky AI) and the aircraft get identified in the automatic process of version 2.0 of vPilot. In version 1.1 I used the VMRgenerator, and even with a matching rule set from this generator there still aren't any positive matches.

When I used P3D v2.x I didn't have this problem at all. Any ideas?

Best regards,

Stefan

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Are you sure you are encountering an aircraft online that you have a matching model and livery installed for?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Stefan Blauw
Posted
Posted

Yes I am. There were multiple situations with about 5 aircraft and all of them were shown as the CRJ. A lot of them were very common (B738 KLM, A320 BAW etc) and I do have them installed.

Stefan

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

When you switched to vPilot 2.0, did you uninstall 1.1 first? I'm curious if this might be a problem with the code that upgrades your configuration from 1.1 to 2.0.

Stefan Blauw
Posted
Posted

Affirm. Actually I switched back and forth a few times between the different versions during the testing but never had 2 different versions installed at the same time.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Hrm ... I'm afraid I'm somewhat stumped here ... would you be willing to let me view your computer via TeamSpeak while you connect to VATSIM to see if I can spot any issues?

Stefan Blauw
Posted
Posted

Sure that is an option. I'll send you a PM.