You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Texture Quality

Samuel Towler 1166300

Samuel Towler 1166300
Posted
Posted

Afternoon all,

I posted this over in the VATUK forums but I thought it'd give it a shot here too as there's a lot more of you guys here!

Anyway. I'm wondering if anyone can help with an issue I've been getting lately with my textures. When departing say out of MAN with UK2000 and ORBX England, all is fine and dandy; textures look perfectly fine and it's all okay. Give it a few minutes in the climb/cruise and the textures drop in quality. I understand textures are going to look different from 38000ft rather than 3500ft but the issue is when I begin to descend and start the approach, the textures still look the same as they do at 38000ft. Originally I put it down to a poor GPU but I've upgraded to a GTX 1050Ti and from what I could see on my test run, the issue is still there.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this? Chances are I'll re-install the sim and work from scratch unless there's something stupidly obvious that I've missed altogether.

Any help appreciated as always.

ST

Operations Controller & PPL Student.

You can usually find me in my car or a biz jet.