You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ATC at Middle Eastern Airports (PERMISSION PLEASE!)

Mahmoud Fadli 819693

Mahmoud Fadli 819693
Posted
Posted

VATAME,

I was wondering if it would be ok for me to do ATC operaitons (GND and whatever I am rated for) at other airports other than VATLEB, which is the division I am in.

I ask this because there are not many other divisions in the Middle East and ATC is sp[Mod - Happy Thoughts] as a result. I do have people at VATLEB willing to train me for operations at OJAI and OMDB but I would like to know if that would be ok.

I heard something about a Guest ATC thing... any information would be appriciated.

Thanks!

MFSIGVATAME.png

Mahmoud A. Fadli - 819693

Deputy Region Director

VATSIM Africa & Middle East Region

http://www.vatame.org

"Strength in Diversity"

Andrew Banner 847935
Posted
Posted

go on.. let him!

There's nowhere near enough ATC coverage across the Middle East.

Regards,

Andy Banner

• 1 month later...
Anas Toumi 922910
Posted
Posted
VATAME,

I was wondering if it would be ok for me to do ATC operaitons (GND and whatever I am rated for) at other airports other than VATLEB, which is the division I am in.

I ask this because there are not many other divisions in the Middle East and ATC is sp[Mod - Happy Thoughts] as a result. I do have people at VATLEB willing to train me for operations at OJAI and OMDB but I would like to know if that would be ok.

I heard something about a Guest ATC thing... any information would be appriciated.

Thanks!

You should e-mail :

shadi(at)vatsim.org

Shadi Abo Ahmad 812866
Posted
Posted

Mahmoud,

I see no problem with that, but lets coordinate these things in private in order to avoid conflicts with your home VACC.

And yes, this will be done as a guest/visiting controller.

Shadi Abo Ahmad

VATAME - VATIL