You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vpilot v2 automatic rules

Kenz CHERIEF

Kenz CHERIEF
Posted
Posted

hi ! just installed v2, thanks for the hard work your doing for the community !

i was wondering, as i'm also a ivao member, i have MTL installed, of 6805 models, vpilot identify only 29, is that a normal behaviour ?

855586Sanstitre.jpg

I added a rule created with VMR, is that okay and should work ?

thanks !

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The IVAO models were removed from the model database since they are only for use on IVAO. It is still able to recognize some of them by looking for valid ICAO airline and aircraft codes in the aircraft.cfg files. Evidently, 29 of the IVAO models have valid ICAO airline and aircraft codes, the rest do not.

I thought that VMRGenerator also removed support for the IVAO models, but I guess not. So, yes, using your VMRGenerator file should work, as long as you don't mind going against IVAO's prohibition of the use of their models on other networks:

https://www.ivao.aero/softdev/IvAp/IvAp_downl.asp

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Mike Blackburn
Posted
Posted

VMR generator didn't fix this particular problem for me either. Thinking about downgrading back to ver 1

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

No need to downgrade. Just use v2 "out of the box", and don't use vmrgenerator to create a custom model matching ruleset. Or if you already have, simply don't the custom ruleset.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
VMR generator didn't fix this particular problem for me either. Thinking about downgrading back to ver 1

If you use VMRGenerator to create a rule set, then load that rule set into vPilot 2.0 as a custom rule set, it will still show the IVAO MTL models as unidentified on "Model Matching -> Advanced" tab in the settings. That just means vPilot could not automatically identify the models. Your custom rule set will still allow the models to be used for model matching IF VMRGenerator still generates rules for IVAO's model set.

And if VMRGenerator does *not* generate rules for the IVAO model set, downgrading to 1.0 won't change that fact. VMRGenerator is a third party tool developed by Nico Kaan and it is in no way affected by the version of vPilot that you're running.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Nico Kaan
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

From the FAQ of VMRGenerator:

4.2 Is IVAO_MTL supported?

Yes IVAO_MTL support is available because VMRGenerator is also used by PSXseeconTraffic users of Aerowinx PSX in a FlightSimulator with IVAO on-line traffic. However, vPilot users are kindly requested to refrain from using the IVAO_MTL.

Regards,

Nico Kaan

Developer: PSXseeconTraffic, ParkPosGenerator and AILGenerator