You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vpilot version 2.0

Max Schibli

Max Schibli
Posted
Posted

Hi Dear Pilots,

I probably was too quick to upgrade vpilot. Fellow pilots saw my plane as an airbus A321 whilst I chose from FSX a Cessna C414.

In spite of the messages in vpilot informing me that the upgrade was well performed, I have no access to other planes which could been seen by other pilots. The Default Model is the Airbus A321 and I have no clue how to replace this plane, e.g. with the C414 or an other.

Could anybody help?

Thanks

Max

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The configuration of model matching only affects how you see other planes ... it has no effect at all on how other pilots see you. The only thing that affects how other pilots see you is your callsign and the aircraft type you enter when you connect to VATSIM.

If you are flying a C414 and other pilots are seeing you as the default airbus A321, that means they don't have any C414 model installed to show you as.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Max Schibli
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks for replying. All other pilots, we are 6 in a group to use C414s and they see each other as C414, except me. They see me as an Airbus in spite of the fact that I also use a C414. So what can or what should I do?

Edited by Guest

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

In vPilot what are you choosing as TYPE CODE?

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Richard Walsh
Posted
Posted

How you are seen is controlled by the other persons aircraft library ( whether they have that model is their AI) and by the pilot (you) imputing the correct aircraft type in your vpilot connection

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

If you log into the network the same way as you file your flight plans, you are actually the culprit. Instead of filing as a C414, you're filing as an "A". vPilot model matches based upon the aircraft type you log in with (not what you put in your flight plan). But if you're logging in with an aircraft type of "A", that's why your friends cannot see you.

Separately, and having nothing to do with model matching, I noticed you've been filing your flight plans with an equipment suffix code of /Z. While I suppose it's possible (but very much not probable) that your Chancellor has /Z RNAV capability without GNSS and with RVSM, I'd far more expect it to be /G or /A or /U.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations