You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vERAM Aircraft List

Donovan Patrick 1327883

Donovan Patrick 1327883
Posted
Posted

Hello,

In the real ERAM system, it shows you an Aircraft List, a list of aircraft that are about to enter your sector. Why does the current version of vERAM not have this? It would make it easier to identify aircraft and plan ahead, instead of having to just "remember" callsigns when they call up. Just food for thought.

Donovan Patrick

Atlanta ARTCC FE

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Mainly because I didn't want to open the many cans of worms collectively known as "flight data processing". The real system analyzes flight plans and determines when each flight will be crossing certain fixes at the boundary of your sector, in order to know which flights are arrivals, departures, or overflights, and which ones to ignore. This would involve having to define boundaries and posting fixes for each ARTCC and each sector within. Then you get into having to select which sector you're covering, dealing with combined sectors, etc. Definitely a m[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ive amount of work for a pretty small payoff, so I decided not to go there.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Dominic Nguyen
Posted
Posted

That being said, anything that has to do with the D-Side and EDSTs is too far fetched because of FDP?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
That being said, anything that has to do with the D-Side and EDSTs is too far fetched because of FDP?

It might be a bit too much of a blanket statement to say that ANYTHING having to do with d-side/edst is out of the question. I mean, a basic list of flight plans for flights arriving/departing to/from airports in the ARTCC would be doable without FDP.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC