You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Bravo-Zulu to KC_CTR

Eric Hebert 832602

Eric Hebert 832602
Posted
Posted

Please accept my sincere gratitude for a job well done by Joseph Case during his shift at KC_CTR this morning. At around 1000 local time, while on a flight from Sacramento CA to Washington DC, in my first flight in the Eaglesoft Citation X, I had a No. 2 engine failure just east of your airspace. After unsuccessfully initiating a restart, I decided to land with one engine. I am not so familiar with the middle of the country, so I could only think to try for Kansas City. I contacted KC_CTR and reported my emergency. Mr. Case, without hesitation accepted my situation and never wavering in his procedure calmly brought me safely down. Mr. Case’s procedures were flawless and he was very patient with my unfamiliarity with the airplane. Please also understand, that I am a member of ZOA, and know full well the annoyance of a pilot not fully under control of his aircraft. Heck! I had a hard time resetting my transponder! Obviously, I was in a situation of less than perfect comfort. Mr. Case calculated my nearest safe landing (KHYS) and vectored me in perfectly onto the ILS… All I needed to do was to ensure my aircraft maintained safe flight. I had to not worry about anything. He provided the ILS Frequency and localizer course, the local VOR and weather. I was want for nothing. I know, as a long time member of VATSIM, the policy on declared emergencies, and was perfectly willing to unplug and turn off my flight simulator. Without Mr. Case, that would have been my only option. The realism, professionalism and patience he displayed are a credit to ZKC and all of his fellow controllers. I know I learned much on this mornings flight, not only as a pilot but also as a controller.

4379.png

Eric J. Hébert (ZOA_EH)

Jeff Nielson 839877
Posted
Posted

Thanks Eric.

Anthony copied this post into the KC forums. I'm sure I can speak for Joe in saying thanks for the kind comments.

We all have alot of fun being on the scopes.

Come back anytime and fly Tornado Alley with us!

3712.png

Mark Brummett
Posted
Posted
Please accept my sincere gratitude for a job well done by Joseph Case during his shift at KC_CTR this morning. At around 1000 local time, while on a flight from Sacramento CA to Washington DC, in my first flight in the Eaglesoft Citation X, I had a No. 2 engine failure just east of your airspace. After unsuccessfully initiating a restart, I decided to land with one engine. I am not so familiar with the middle of the country, so I could only think to try for Kansas City. I contacted KC_CTR and reported my emergency. Mr. Case, without hesitation accepted my situation and never wavering in his procedure calmly brought me safely down. Mr. Case’s procedures were flawless and he was very patient with my unfamiliarity with the airplane. Please also understand, that I am a member of ZOA, and know full well the annoyance of a pilot not fully under control of his aircraft. Heck! I had a hard time resetting my transponder! Obviously, I was in a situation of less than perfect comfort. Mr. Case calculated my nearest safe landing (KHYS) and vectored me in perfectly onto the ILS… All I needed to do was to ensure my aircraft maintained safe flight. I had to not worry about anything. He provided the ILS Frequency and localizer course, the local VOR and weather. I was want for nothing. I know, as a long time member of VATSIM, the policy on declared emergencies, and was perfectly willing to unplug and turn off my flight simulator. Without Mr. Case, that would have been my only option. The realism, professionalism and patience he displayed are a credit to ZKC and all of his fellow controllers. I know I learned much on this mornings flight, not only as a pilot but also as a controller.

Eric,

As ATM of the sector, I'd like to thank you for publically posting this.

As Jeff Turner knows, Joe Case is a realworld tower controller at St Louis Regional Airport (KALN). As my DATM, I draw upon his knowledge of not only the St Louis area, but of ATC in general. He has been invaluable to me in the last year (or more).

You might be able to pin him down as a pilot online as well to thank him..he flies usually under XXX128 whether it be with TWA or Execjet.

Mark Brummett

Website owner, http://www.zkcartcc.org

ZKC Events Co-ordinator