You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Small issues w/ v2.0.12

Marc Wheeler

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

Couldn't find anything in the docomeentation regarding this, but I am having two small issues where I am running:

Host w/ voice on my FS PC

Remote on my secondary PC

1. Show incoming text message in simulator is checked in both clients, but I am not getting any message appearing in my flight simulator;

2. Sound buzzer for PTT while not in voice is checked in both clients, but I still get a buzzer sound;

3. Automatically squawk mode-C on take off is enable on the remote client, but it does not work.

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

VATSIM: P1|C3

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Couldn't find anything in the docomeentation regarding this, but I am having two small issues where I am running:

Host w/ voice on my FS PC

Remote on my secondary PC

1. Show incoming text message in simulator is checked in both clients, but I am not getting any message appearing in my flight simulator;

2. Sound buzzer for PTT while not in voice is checked in both clients, but I still get a buzzer sound;

3. Automatically squawk mode-C on take off is enable on the remote client, but it does not work.

Thanks for the report, Marc. I will check out #1 and #3. Can you double-check the wording of #2? The way you've written it, it sounds like it is working as expected.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

2. Sound buzzer for PTT while not in voice is not checked in both clients, but I still get a buzzer sound;

Typing error on my part.

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

Niall Kavanagh 812551
Posted
Posted

Hi Marc, Ross,

I am having th4 same issue #1 txt scroll on the host in a remote setup.

Kind Regards

Niall

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I just released 2.0.13 in the Beta Updates channel. It should address all of these issues. Please give it a try and let me know if it does or does not take care of the issues for you.

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

Issues #2 & #3 resolved.

I do not think issue #1 is resolved, but I will do more testing and advise. So far, my messages to other pilots on Unicom are not working. Flying in Russia right now and there is not a lot of traffic, so I will wait to see if incoming messages work.

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Issues #2 & #3 resolved.

I do not think issue #1 is resolved, but I will do more testing and advise. So far, my messages to other pilots on Unicom are not working. Flying in Russia right now and there is not a lot of traffic, so I will wait to see if incoming messages work.

Are you expecting to see your outgoing text radio messages appear in your sim? I'm not sure why ...

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross,

I guess, in my particular case, it would be practical, simply because I stream all my flights on Twitch, so it would be a nice to have, to have my out-going messages on Unicom displayed in my flight sim.

I do concur, that this would not necessarily be practical for everyone.

Regards,

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Yeah, the only reason the option exists to show text messages in the sim is for people that don't have the monitor space to have the vPilot window visible during flight. You still need to switch to the vPilot window to respond anyway, so there's no point in copying outgoing messages to the sim since you see them in the vPilot window.

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted
Yeah, the only reason the option exists to show text messages in the sim is for people that don't have the monitor space to have the vPilot window visible during flight. You still need to switch to the vPilot window to respond anyway, so there's no point in copying outgoing messages to the sim since you see them in the vPilot window.

In my case, I am running the host one my flight sim PC and the remote on the secondary where I respond to messages. I guess my request was simply to have the same display in my PC as if I was only using everything on PC with an additional nice to have.

No big deal.

Regards,

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross,

Just to confirm that item number 1 also is resolved.

Great work!

Regards,

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png