You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Hungarian airways

Philip McNiel 1282687

Philip McNiel 1282687
Posted
Posted

I might like to participate in the RealOps next weekend--probably flying between Bucharest and Bratislava to take advantage of the cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ic non-RNAV procedures--and I'd like to be able to transition Hungarian airspace along the way. I don't need non-RNAV airways for enroute flying, but Skyvector.com doesn't show any low- or high-altitude airways in Hungary. Where can I find Hungarian enroute charts for flight planning?

• Board of Governors
Simon Kelsey
Posted
Posted

Hi Philip,

You can't find any airways in Hungary because there are none! They've all been got rid of.

The Budapest FIR is "Free Route Airspace" and so you just route direct from the FIR entry point to the FIR exit or the first waypoint on the arrival etc.

Vice President, Pilot Training

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Same now for Austria, Portugal, Ireland and several other countries, at least for upper airspace. You can see it when you switch SkyVector from HighIFR to LowIFR charts.

Philip McNiel 1282687
Posted
Posted

Thanks! I was [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming that their charts had just not been made available to Skyvector or something--it's good to hear that this will only make enroute flight planning easier for me