You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Callsign not updated in voicelist (Euroscope)

Dave Roverts

Dave Roverts
Posted
Posted

Since the begin of when vPilot released (maybe this issue is also still in SquawkBox / FSInn), I noticed something odd when changing callsigns. I notice that after a pilot changes callsign without restarting vPilot, the callsign doesn't get updated in the voicelist of Euroscope (see the link below). However, if a pilot first restarts vPilot, then connect with a different callsign, the callsign in the voicelist does gets updated.

Is it possible for the callsign to get updated in the voice server, without restarting vPilot?

Another controller already opened up a topic on this issue viewtopic.php?f=71&t=72894

EHAA_CTR controller | youtube.com/daveroverts

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I will investigate, thanks for the bug report.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I have confirmed this is a bug in vPilot. I'll have a fix out soon.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

This fix is available in version 2.0.14 which I just released in the Beta updates channel.

Dave Roverts
Posted
Posted

I just tested and I confirm that the issue has been resolved, thanks Ross!

Dave Roverts
Posted
Posted

In the previous days, I have been doing multiple flights (3) with different callsigns. However, I noticed a (new?) problem!

In all cases, the first time that I talk with my second callsign, and ATC starts responds, my connection to the voice server seems to be broken! According to vPilot, the TX and RX buttons are lit (that you are connected to the frequency), however, the frequency itself changes from blue to white (not connected). Also, I never heard the 'disconnected' sound. This all was fixed by restarting vPilot.

Do you need a logfile and/or video showing this issue?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Sounds like you're losing connection with the voice server, or the controller turned off his voice channel and went text-only. A debug log would be helpful to confirm that.

Dave Roverts
Posted
Posted

Yesterday, I once again did 2 flights, and this time I'm not the only one with the problem.

Here is the debug log (I started it shortly after having the problem as I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umed the problem was solved a few flights before) https://pastebin.com/WU9z3Yz4

This is what I did:

• I logged in with a different callsign
  • I heard everything normal (busy frequency), then, at some point I asked IFR Clearance
  • According to a friend of mine, the controller was giving the IFR Clearance, however, I couldn't hear anything.
  • I restarted vPilot, called him again, now I can hear him. Asked a radio check (5/5) and the IFR Clearance

A while later, my friend (who also did 2 flights) also asked IFR clearance, he had the exact same problem, he couldn't hear anybody after he asked clearance, but before, everything was fine. Shortly, the controller gave the clearance via text, then he gave the readback via voice. I told him to restart vPilot to solve the problem.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'm afraid that the debug log isn't going to be helpful if it was started after the problem occurred. If you keep having the problem, I'd suggest running in debug mode at all times. And when the problem recurs, make a note of the time so that I can look for that specific point in the log.

Jeroen van der Geer
Posted
Posted
Yesterday, I once again did 2 flights, and this time I'm not the only one with the problem.

[...]

A while later, my friend (who also did 2 flights) also asked IFR clearance, he had the exact same problem, he couldn't hear anybody after he asked clearance, but before, everything was fine. Shortly, the controller gave the clearance via text, then he gave the readback via voice. I told him to restart vPilot to solve the problem.

I can confirm this, as I'm the one Dave refers to. Started P3D, then vPilot. Did a full flight without issues. Kept P3D and vPilot running, but disconnected and reconnected with a different callsign. At first, everything was fine as I was able to listen to the frequency. After asking for my clearance, the problem started. I heard nothing, the controller sent me the clearance via text and I read it back via voice, which he able to hear because Dave told me the controller said "readback correct", which I couldn't hear.

I then restarted vPilot and reconnected. From there, everything was back to normal again.

vPilot is version 2.0.14

Dave Roverts
Posted
Posted

Yesterday, I once again did 2 flights, but this time, I have a debug log from when I switched to EDMM_1_GND with my first callsign.

This time, I was again flying with somebody else, and I asked him if he could listen to some static sound (just keep the mic open for 2 seconds), which he could hear. I did this at Line 1135. [21:27:02.722] Push to talk state changed: True https://pastebin.com/FnWPacWi

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Yesterday, I once again did 2 flights, but this time, I have a debug log from when I switched to EDMM_1_GND with my first callsign.

This time, I was again flying with somebody else, and I asked him if he could listen to some static sound (just keep the mic open for 2 seconds), which he could hear. I did this at Line 1135. [21:27:02.722] Push to talk state changed: True https://pastebin.com/FnWPacWi

I'm confused ... your description here doesn't mention any problems, so I'm not sure what help this log would be.

• 1 month later...
Dave Roverts
Posted
Posted

Last week, I have been controlling a few sessions at Amsterdam Radar with nobody below me. I noticed that at least 4-5 pilots had the same problem. All of them did a turnaround without restarting vPilot, just changing the callsign. The moment after they release their PTT (for asking the IFR Clearance), they can't hear anything. In all cases I had to tell everybody to restart vPilot to solve the problem.

• 2 weeks later...
Robbie Garrett
Posted
Posted

Hello,

As per above. I am also having this problem with vPilot. So I am guessing the only fix to this is having to keep re-starting vPilot rather than turnaround, disconnect and reconnect?

R

Regards,

Robbie

Qualified Private Pilot with @ London Biggin Hill Airport!

websignature3.jpg

Visit our Concorde Legacy website, or our Facebook Page