You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Hi all, signin problems

robert tweedie 1379741

robert tweedie 1379741
Posted
Posted

Hi all would there be anyone out there that could point me in the right direction, i installed vpilot and entered my user id and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] word but it keeps coming up:

connected to the network

Network error: invalid Cid/p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word

disconnected from network

But i was able to login into the forum with my details and here i am, so it looks like my details are fine

Anybody got any ideas, or could they point me in the way of support

Many thanks

I dying to get connected so i can fly lol

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Considering that you've only created your account barely over 3 hours ago, seems like you just need to give it time.

Not sure if it still states it somewhere when you sign up, but it could be up to 24 hours before all of the servers are updated with your login credentials. In the meantime, you can try logging into the different servers to see if one was updated already.

robert tweedie 1379741
Posted
Posted

Right sorry, its just i got the email to say everything was ready to go, so i automatic thought obviously to my stupidity that that was telling me i was good to go. waffle waffle lol.

Thanks for your help

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

No worries. And to answer Brad's question, yes, at least as of a few months ago, it still does tell all members that it can take up to 24 hours (though usually less) until membership data is pushed to all servers (and I can't imagine that's changed).

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

• 2 weeks later...
robert tweedie 1379741
Posted
Posted

hi guys me again, it's now the 19th Jan and im still getting the same issue as my original post, every time i open vpoilt it's telling me that my cid/p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word invalid and i can't logon , is there anybody that hangs around support, that could help me with the problem.

Again many thanks

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted
hi guys me again, it's now the 19th Jan and im still getting the same issue as my original post, every time i open vpoilt it's telling me that my cid/p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word invalid and i can't logon , is there anybody that hangs around support, that could help me with the problem.

Hey Robert, make sure you are typing both your CID and P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word when signing in. A lot of times an extra space might be copied over and cause your login to return an error.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Yes, copying and pasting is a common error, as often times an extra space character is included during the copy function.

Don Desfosse

robert tweedie 1379741
Posted
Posted

i hand inputed user and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word, recheck recheck rechecked email tried all the servers everything

I'm at my wits end all i want to do is "make the bad man FLY" lol (thanks to HBO)

Robert

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

its case sensitive, make sure you enter the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word exactly as it is

robert tweedie 1379741
Posted
Posted

YEP done all that lol come on guys lol

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I know you said LOL, but "come on guys" just rubbed me the wrong way to be honest. You have a valid p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word, over 375,000 of us have figured out how to enter our p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word properly, you can't figure out how to enter your p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word properly, we've given you the most common issues and advice, and yet you make it sound like we're at fault here? Maybe I'm just reading your words/intent wrong, but tbh it sounds like you're pointing a finger, and pointing it in the wrong direction....

Don Desfosse

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

And you're using the same CID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word that you use to log in to these forums, e.g. at https://cert.vatsim.net/sso/ ?

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

post screenshot of what you are entering. we dont need to see your p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word, just whats being entered

robert tweedie 1379741
Posted
Posted

Sorry guys honest i'm just being funny, but it could be my irish wit i promise im not trying to rub anyone up the wrong way.

AS for entering my cid p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] etc i can [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ure you i have entered everything exactly the way it was given to me in the confirmation email then the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word email, i did not copy and paste i paid particular attention to upper and lower case letters and to be honest i don't see what im missing.

Vpilot say's it has connected to fsx but when i go to connect is says network error invalid cid/p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word disconnected from network.

vatsim2.png

vatsim1.png

honest no malice involed

Robert

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

No idea then. Not really a solution, more of a workaround, but you could reset your p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word and try the new one. Sorry.

Don Desfosse

robert tweedie 1379741
Posted
Posted
No idea then. Not really a solution, more of a workaround, but you could reset your p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word and try the new one. Sorry.

I Never thought of that, i give that a try, Thank You!