You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

UUDD Push back and start

Nick Rolfe 1276926

Nick Rolfe 1276926
Posted
Posted

This am UK time I was ready to push back at Gate 14 (Terminal C) UUDD but was given the approval as "push and start approved 2", I am unfamiliar with the airport and this option and could only use GSX pushing nose right to face taxiway H1.

I was obviously doing something wrong and was told to follow the charts by the controller. I have Lido Charts which I refer to and could not understand what was expected of me.

Please could someone enlighten me on this, regards Nick

https://vatstats.net/flights/4092053

Kieran Samuel Cross
Posted
Posted

Engine startup points .

237afe5718.png

Kind Regards,

Kieran Cross,

28.png

Chris Dobison 810929
Posted
Posted

Whilst I applaud the realism at UUDD - do the guys there have any suggestions on how to comply with such an instruction? Short of manually programming GSX in advance for a custom pushback, I don't know of any way other than slewing (which most VA ACARS won't allow), to get to that position.

I guess the solutions would be to say unable, and request a (non)standard pushback nose south - or to pick a different stand which would allow that push (e.g. 17)

Chris

Chris Dobison

Vatsim Network Supervisor

21.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

some people forget the limitations of our software.

do what you have to do to get there. if just a push with a turn is all you can do, do that, start the engines, taxi to the spot ATC instructed, say you are ready taxi. nobody is going to complain of jet blast etc.. online

Nick Rolfe 1276926
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the info

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

I've just checked my navigraph (Lido) charts and they do display the Start-up points on the APC.

In general though, if not sure, ask, if you can't do, advise and they will think of something else.

All of this said, I really wish someone would make a good pushback program for flight sim. Just imagine if you could get something like a top-down view and mark out how you want to be push-pulled, for things like this it would be really usefull.

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted
All of this said, I really wish someone would make a good pushback program for flight sim. Just imagine if you could get something like a top-down view and mark out how you want to be push-pulled, for things like this it would be really usefull.
Hear, hear!! That would be a niche to be filled by some skilled programmer!

Otherwise I'd like to suggest having a look at the ATN-gauge. I do not know if it is available for FSX/P3D. At least in FS9 it lets you steer the plane yourself, while moving backwards at a given speed. Very handy for these kinds of airports.