You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

What Is This BIZZARRE Error Message?

Aharon Dayan

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

After flying seven straight flights past days without problem in my FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 set in Windows 10 Professional operating system, last night during the eighth flight I got this weird FSX crash message seven minutes away from runway 01R of Aerosoft Oslo X 2.0 version 1.7 flying on freeware TDS 737-800SFP with authorized TDS livery. It happened when I decided to change window view to wing view to enjoy view of sunset.

What is this error message or is it just one time freak strange glitch that I should not worry about? I managed to restart the same flight from saved file and landed 7 minutes later without problem on runway 01R. I also had 2 successful flights later.

What is this?

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x88011400

Faulting process id: 0x2a20

Faulting application start time: 0x01d27358d8c6b90a

Faulting application path: D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: a2c633c8-df5d-11e6-967e-d8cb8af5a92e

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Thanks,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

0xc0000005 is an access violation error.

Most common causes are memory access violation (e.g. running out of memory) -- and this is by far the most common), not having your FSX installed in a different location than default (i.e. install FSX in c:\ and NOT the default C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X location), and/or using Windows UAC.

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming it's a memory access issue and/or OOM, likely cause is changing view windows, especially rapidly, when you're nearly out of memory (from using addon scenery).

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Hi Don,

Out of memory would be totally impossible as my new powerful laptop has plenty of memory and is running on average of 20 percent of physical memory during every flight including the flight in question.

The average fps is 45.

There must be something else or chalk it up as one time glitch (hiccup).

Maybe bad livery texture?????

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

its not always an out of memory issue, simply when it tried to allocate memory, it was refused or wasnt available, hence it cant continue.

an OOM on the other hand is youve run out of virtual memory to be used towards the program.

an access violation can happen whether you still have virtual memory left or not. unless you can duplicate the error over and over, hard to say what triggered it. could be various

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

okay thanks

CQwL8Nm.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Of course, I do hope it is a one-time or at least rare hiccup. However, remember that even if you have 100 TERABYTES of RAM your FSX can only use a maximum of 4GB of RAM. Hopefully it was just a one-time hiccup.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations