You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Does VPilot Client Cause Sim1.dll crash?

Aharon Dayan

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Shalom and greetings tech support,

I am wondering if VPilot Client causes sim1.dll crashes?

The main cause of Sim1.dll crash is attributed to bad livery texture or improper livery texture installation or livery texture livery file that is corrupted.

I am pretty 100 percent certain that there is nothing wrong with my plane's livery or any livery I am using for my planes so I racked my brain why it happened TWICE in past 15 flights. Then I realized that VPilot Client is using liveries derived from World of AI traffic files in my laptop hence possibility that the livery textures from World of AI when using in conjunction with VPilot Client can cause sim1.dll crash because it is bad livery texture matching. It is interesting to notice that the two Sim1.dll crashes happened in the Baltic countries (one in Denmark and one in Finland) meaning I had Finnair, SAS, and Norwegian Air World of AI packages in my laptop that could cause sim1.dll crash when being used by VPilot Client for Vatsim traffic. All other flights without sim1.dll crashes were outside of Baltic nations. Also it is interesting to notice that when I repeated the flights without using VPilotClient 2.0 on two same flights in the area of Baltic nations, it caused no crashes.

So what is the best way to order VPilot Client to have boring and blank or bland white liveries for all live AI vatsim traffic??? Delete my entire collection of World of AI traffic or look for option function to activate in VPilot Client telling it not to use World of AI liveries and asking it to use bland or blank white liveries to prevent sim1.dll crashes?

I am using latest 2.0.11 version of Vpilot Client in FSX Deluxe SP1 and SP2 set in Windows 10 Professional operating system. I never had crashes in 2.0.8. But there is no way I can turn back to 2.0.8 and the developers said there is no significant difference in programming codes between those two versions anyway.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

You can tell vPilot not to use certain models. In the advanced model matching settings, you can uncheck the box for the model folder that you want to exclude from use in model matching.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted
You can tell vPilot not to use certain models. In the advanced model matching settings, you can uncheck the box for the model folder that you want to exclude from use in model matching.

Okay I will figure out how to use your cool suggestion. Thanks for answer. Let's hope it will prevent another sim1.dll crash.

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

I flew into Norway using latest version of VPilot Client using the option of unchecking the box for the model folder that excluded all liveries from use in model matching and so far no no no sim1.dll error message.

Let's hope the second flight into any Baltic nation will be also the same thing!!

I have question. When I have Vatsim AI planes being visible within vicinity of my plane, I always see red words on top of each plane "A320 and its altitude". How to I change from A320 to the pilot's call sign? In my old laptop, it always showed pilot call sign and altitude for each Vatsim AI plane.

Is it VPilotClient's option section that I should look for or is it FSX's option section I should be looking for? If it is the former or latter, can anyone please tell me how to change the option so that the Vatsim Ai plane will show pilot call sign and altitude?

Thanks,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

In FSX settings, you can control which data fields are shown in the aircraft labels. I forget where it is in FSX, but if you look around you should find a set of checkboxes where you can turn on/off the different fields.

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted (edited)
In FSX settings, you can control which data fields are shown in the aircraft labels. I forget where it is in FSX, but if you look around you should find a set of checkboxes where you can turn on/off the different fields.

Yeah that is what I thought. I also forgot where in the data field I should activate option that shows callsign for each Vatsim AI instead of A320.

Let's hope others will come here and tell me how.

Thanks,

Aharon

Edited by Guest
CQwL8Nm.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It's one of the checkboxes ... I forget what they call it, something like aircraft ID.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Just pulled this from a google image search:

FSX-AI-trafficA_zpsubgejy9g.jpg~original

I think the one you want is "tail number" ... I believe that will show the callsign. Might also be "user aircraft", although I think that shows the AI model. I'm not sure because I don't have my sim computer in front of me at the moment. Just experiment with the checkboxes until you get what you want.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Options > Settings > Display > Traffic > Tail Number

EDIT: LOL, Ross beat me to it.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Thanks Ross for very very kind help.

Thanks, Don

CQwL8Nm.png

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Flew two flights in Baltic (Nordic nations) without problem.

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png