You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can not hear ATC after a while. When pressing ptt it works?

Vilhelm Korpela 1361543

Vilhelm Korpela 1361543
Posted
Posted

Hello aviation enthusiast!

I have had an extremely annyoing problem the past few months... The thing is that I can not hear ATC after being idle for a while. If I don' talk to them or press my ptt button once in a while the ATC (RX) stops working and I can not hear anyone. There has been occasions where the ATC told me to go around but I could not hear them because of this issue.

I have noticed now that when I enter Navigraph charts or open google chrome the ATC sound disappears. But when I enter FSX again it starts working (BUT only if I push the ptt button). I read on some vpilot related forum that I had to do something with the router ports for it to work, wich I did, but it still does not work. Can anyone please help me with this issue as fast as possible. Sorry if I am not the best at explaining things. If you want me to be more specific about something in this text, please leave a reply down there.

Thanks in advance,

/Vilhelm

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Sounds like the cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ic UDP port timeout issue. Search that phrase on these forums and you'll get plenty of hits.

The typical solution is to set up port forwarding on your router to forward UDP port 3290 to your PC.

Vilhelm Korpela 1361543
Posted
Posted
Sounds like the cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ic UDP port timeout issue. Search that phrase on these forums and you'll get plenty of hits.

The typical solution is to set up port forwarding on your router to forward UDP port 3290 to your PC.

Is it correct? http://prntscr.com/e3aiio

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Looks good, [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming you have the right IP address in the destination box. (The IP address of the machine running vPilot voice.)

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Vilhelm Korpela 1361543
Posted
Posted
Looks good, [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming you have the right IP address in the destination box. (The IP address of the machine running vPilot voice.)

I'm going to see if it works. Thanks for the help though!