You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

No Host/Remote configuration on upgrade

Robert Fersch

Robert Fersch
Posted
Posted

I had been using version 1 over a local network with vpilot on the remote handling communications with PTT on the yoke and all working. I upgraded to v2 today but I did something wrong as I didn't/don't see a selection for the (host/remote) configuration I want run. So I have vpilot2 installed on both machines upgraded via the interface. I upgraded the remote first, then the FSX machine on which previously I only ran Traffic Proxy. When I run vpilot on the "remote, " it says "no flight simulator found" and closes. On the FSX, it appears to work normally but nowhere have I seen a choice for host/remote configuration. I did uninstall and install via a new download with no change.

Yikes, what is wrong?

Bob

iflycapBOB.jpg

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Are you using the different shortcuts vPilot installs in the Start menu, e.g. "vPilot Host Mode" and "vPilot Remote Mode" ?

Robert Fersch
Posted
Posted

Yes, that was the problem. I was using the desktop shortcut. Thanks much. I'll complete the configuration and make sure all is good.

iflycapBOB.jpg