You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[Beta] Sector File to Video Map: Error Reflecting Type

Justin Shannon

Dominic Nguyen
Posted
Posted

A fellow controller used an older version and it works. So I guess for now use the non beta version to convert.

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted
A fellow controller used an older version and it works. So I guess for now use the non beta version to convert.

Although that works, the older version does not contain the "Include REGIONS section" check-box, which I would [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume serves the main purpose of creating ASDEX maps.

Dominic Nguyen
Posted
Posted

Justin, I'm not entirely sure the regions in the sector file would equate to polygons being shaded in vSTARS in the new converter. I used vERAM's converter with the region checked. Lines showed but polygons weren't shaded with this method. Capture.JPG

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'll update the sector file converter to handle converting regions into filled polygons in the video map. It just converts them into lines currently because it was designed for STARS/ERAM where you don't normally have filled polygons like you do with ASDEX.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The exception has been fixed for the next release, and the regions will be filled.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC