You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Do not display aircraft beyond...

Richard Asberg

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Looking on the performance tab in vPilot you have this setting called 'Do not display aircraft beyond'.

I currently have mine set to 25 nm but I was thinking maybe this is a higher value than needed if I'm still not able to spot other traffic at that distance in P3D meaning I'll loose performance in a congested airspace for no good reason.

What are you guys using and what is the recommended value? Maybe it is 25 nm because I can't remember changing this value myself.

Richard Åsberg

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I don't have the code in front of me at the moment, but I think the default is 40 NM.

The only reason you might want it higher than what you can see visually is so that it feeds TCAS gauges or other traffic radar gauges.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Ah, good to know - thanks!

Richard Åsberg

• 1 year later...
Christopher Adama 1285290
Posted
Posted
I don't have the code in front of me at the moment, but I think the default is 40 NM.

The only reason you might want it higher than what you can see visually is so that it feeds TCAS gauges or other traffic radar gauges.

is there a way to change this i want to view over 100nm on evb v 2

chris

Christopher Adama :twisted: