You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Looking For Long-Haul Lovers!

Trey Tinsley 1338205

Trey Tinsley 1338205
Posted
Posted

I am currently planning a TBIT Event that is going to be a lot of fun. TBIT stands for Tom Bradley International Terminal and is the terminal that is used for many larger international long-haul flights that are scheduled to leave from the Los Angeles International Airport (KLAX/LAX). The TBIT event is used to simulate the many long haul flights that leave the Tom Bradley International Terminal at close times at the Los Angeles International Airport. This event will be on Saturday, February 18th, 2017, at 1845 PST - 2300 PST. There will be ATC services, lots of other long haul traffic, and several hundred tons of fun!

Not many people have signed up so far. If you like long-hauls, make sure to sign up, as if not many people sign up, we will have to cancel the event.

Trey Tinsley 1338205
Posted
Posted

Here is the link to sign up:

http://tbitevent.weebly.com/

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Curious, why would you cancel the event vs. enjoy it with a smaller number of people?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Trey Tinsley 1338205
Posted
Posted

Because we would not have enough people to actually make it an event (or at least a fun one) and I'd rather not waste people's time if no one will show up, so make sure to sign up.

• 2 months later...
Lorenzo Stobbione 1368867
Posted
Posted

Wow, I am a long haul lover but... due to small amount of time I have I can make 3/4 flights on yearly basis.

Why not organizing today an event which will take place in November? There should be enough time for everybody to get a free day

Lorenzo Stobbione

P1 Rating - VATSIM Online Pilot

P2 Rating - VATSIM Flight Fundamentals

VCI2636.png