You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VA Livery model matching rules

Bahaeddine El-Zarif

Bahaeddine El-Zarif
Posted
Posted

Hello there,

Is there a way to create model matching rules for a custom VA livery with the new version of vPilot?

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Yup; it's been around since the first release of vPilot AFAIK. Docomeentation even suggests its usage for this very purpose under the Creating Custom Model Matching Rules section:

In addition to the automatic model matching system described above, vPilot provides a way for you to create custom model matching rules if you want to have more fine-grained control over the model matching process, or if you want to be able to use models that are not part of the vPilot model matching database, such as a set of models for a virtual airline.

(emphasis mine)

Bahaeddine El-Zarif
Posted
Posted
Yup; it's been around since the first release of vPilot AFAIK. Docomeentation even suggests its usage for this very purpose under the Creating Custom Model Matching Rules section:

In addition to the automatic model matching system described above, vPilot provides a way for you to create custom model matching rules if you want to have more fine-grained control over the model matching process, or if you want to be able to use models that are not part of the vPilot model matching database, such as a set of models for a virtual airline.

(emphasis mine)

Will take a look! Thanks!

Bahaeddine El-Zarif
Posted
Posted

(emphasis mine)

Okay, since that is covered. If I, for example, want an accurate representation, is it possible to be done?

Ex: I'm connected with a WJA and someone connects using C-FITL for example which is 777-300ER for Air Canada. Will I be able to see that specific registration?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

No, the registration number of an aircraft is not sent across the network (unless the registration number is being used as the callsign, as is common with GA aircraft) so there's no way for you to make a model matching rule that would match based on the registration number for an airliner that is using a typical callsign such as ACA123.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Bahaeddine El-Zarif
Posted
Posted
No, the registration number of an aircraft is not sent across the network (unless the registration number is being used as the callsign, as is common with GA aircraft) so there's no way for you to make a model matching rule that would match based on the registration number for an airliner that is using a typical callsign such as ACA123.

Thank you Ross! I truly appreciate the work being put in vPilot. However, any plans to add it to the client in the future?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I think there would be very little payoff for a fair amount of work, so I have no such plans ... sorry.

Bahaeddine El-Zarif
Posted
Posted
I think there would be very little payoff for a fair amount of work, so I have no such plans ... sorry.

Understood. I really like vPilot, coming from FSInn. It really helps me just go do what I like rather than spend downtime setting up model matching for example.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Excellent, I'm glad you like it.