You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Model-matching process at boot up stops with path error

Barry Woodward

Barry Woodward
Posted
Posted

Using Win10, FSX-SE. Many hours of enjoyable use of vPilot when model-matching update scan halts boot up with the following unhandled exception error: "Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\vPilot\ModelScanResult=Fsx.xml' is denied". I hadn't added or removed any aircraft since the most recent successful use (less than 24 hours ago). FSX-SE is installed on a different drive but I've had no problems of this sort.

If I could disable model-matching, I would but with the error message I can't proceed to use any of the settings ... vPilot is locked up.

... looking or solutions. this is a great app and I've enjoyed it but ...

Thanks!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Does the path really have an equals sign in it like that? Or is that a copy/paste glitch?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Barry Woodward
Posted
Posted

nope, my error ... should be a dash.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The other thing that's strange is that it should end with "-FsxSe.xml" if you're using the Steam edition. Do you also have regular FSX installed?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Barry Woodward
Posted
Posted

Nope, FSX not installed. I've been using vPilot without a problem. When I first got the error, I'd been using an IL-18 and then switched to a Fokker100. Perhaps it's the IL-18 causing the problem since it's not a common aircraft. I'm going to reinstall vPilot and see what happens.

Thanks, again, for response!

Barry Woodward
Posted
Posted

Well, now, I'm confused! I tried to uninstall vPilot using the Control Panel but it didn't uninstall; i.e., all of the files were still in the folder. I launched it again and the path error didn't happen. Flying along now from UBBB to ORMM with vPilot running.

... hope my luck holds out!