You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[BETA] Towerview connection failed

Alex Seeberger

Alex Seeberger
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross,

When vSTARS and vPilot are operating on the same system, I have no issues regarding the proxy/towerview within either program.

However, when they are operating on separate machines and I attempt to establish a connection with .towerview 10.0.1.4 (My case), I get the below message within vPilot:

Network error: Connection failed: (10060) A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.0.1.4:6809

- Have used the .startproxy command and shows running within vSTARS

- This computer configuration works fine with Euroscope providing the proxy

- Started all programs as Admin

- Verified vSTARS is allowed through my firewall

- Have attempted to run vPilot in host/remote mode as well as the standard vPilot mode running on a single computer

- vPilot machine is at 10.0.1.3, vSTARS machine is at 10.0.1.4 and these IPs are [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned specifically for each computer

Thanks,

Alex

Alex Seeberger
Posted
Posted

- vPILOT works fine in Host/Remote mode between the two computers

- Connected the two computers directly to one another with Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot (Internet sharing), which [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igns each a Windows IP address rather then the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment through the Apple router. Same results...

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It looks like I set up the proxy to only listen on the local machine, not on the network interface. I will get a fix out soon.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Alex Seeberger
Posted
Posted
It looks like I set up the proxy to only listen on the local machine, not on the network interface. I will get a fix out soon.

Sounds great....Thanks for the great work!